Broad beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broad beans

How many dwarf broad bean plants (the sutton) can I grow in 12 inch containers ?

I grew suttons in pots last year in 12 inch and slightly larger pots and think I had 3/4 per pot. I got plenty of beans so should be ok.

Comment

Have a look at 'Square foot gardening' that should give you some idea how many to plant.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I'd actually never even considered growing them like that! I might just have to give it a go this year. I do like a broad beans.. Especially mushed up with some mint and plenty of salted butter, smeared on toast topped with a crumbly cheese.
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
          I'd actually never even considered growing them like that! I might just have to give it a go this year. I do like a broad beans.. Especially mushed up with some mint and plenty of salted butter, smeared on toast topped with a crumbly cheese.
          That sounds like a recipe I might need to try. I'm usually a sauteed in butter with diced smokey bacon from our local farm on top of fresh sourdough kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by FromYorkshiretoBucks View Post

That sounds like a recipe I might need to try. I'm usually a sauteed in butter with diced smokey bacon from our local farm on top of fresh sourdough kind of guy.
            Oooh, That does sound rather good too
            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
            - Henry Beard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X