Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished preparing the to-be sweetcorn bed ready to plant them out tomorrow: raked out the last of the weeds; leveled; added 30g m2 13-13-13; and gave it a good watering.
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• I left some of my tomato plants & pepper on the patio last night (no space in the blowaways,so many plants ​​​​​​) so I went out just gone midnight to check for slugs eating them,found a few snails on the patio,I heard a noise over by the buddleia & it was a hedgehog so I quietly went indoors & that’s good then

Comment

• Dug up an ailing heuchera and put it in a pot on death row; the place plants go to die, unless I manage to save them. Sowed the last sweet peas out. Bit of weeding in the veg beds and scattered growmore around. Sowed more basil in the prop, last lot doing well on the windowsill. Mainly weeding around the front garden path, it’s a constant task until I get a new path.
        Last edited by annie8; 16-05-2022, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
          Dug up an ailing heuchera and put it in a pot on death row;
          Love the idea of death row
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Weeded what will be my bean row sorted out canes just waiting for the french beans to get a bit bigger before planting out.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Finished spreading poultry manure on all of the beds.
              Finished laying down the black plastic for my tender crops.
              Sowed some more beetroot.
              Strimmed the paths.

Comment

• Set up the rest of the bean supports.
                Planted out a load of stuff:
                -6 sweet potato plants
                -7 tomato plants
                -11 potted runner bean roots (I dug them up in April and potted them up, then planted the vigorous ones out again)
                -25 pepper plants (mostly sweet peppers)

Also move almost everything else out onto the patio to harden off.
                Last edited by ameno; 17-05-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Applied Iron(II) sulphate 1g m2 to lawn for magic overnight green up. Been waiting for rain to be able to do it.

Comment

• Planted a couple of Beth Alpha cucs in the GH border.

Comment

• Weeding! They come up nicely after the heavy rain
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Planted out my Blauhilde french beans, some Land cress and a Mini Bell tom into its final pot.

Comment

• Planted out the first few plants,black cherry,peacevine cherry & hahms gelbe tomatoes,two French marigolds & one cucumber diva. Found loads of snails hiding under pot rims & there was about eight inside a bulb planter. Got some pots ready to sow runner beans in a minute

Comment

• Lots of hoeing around the veg. Dug up the lemon balm from the front garden as was getting too big. Put it in a pot on the deck. Took a tall grass from the back garden to fill the gap.

Comment

• Planted out courgettes, marrows and buttercup squashes, plus some sweetcorn in-between (2 sisters rather than 3). And also planted out the yacon and some chard seedlings.
                              And weeding weeding weeding...

Comment

• Direct sowed some basil and sowed cut and come again in gaps where the previous sowing hadn’t germinated. Potted on a tomato then ran out of compost. Planted out my sweetcorn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X