Netting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netting

Hi all, it's been far too long since I've been on here but I'm still happily growing and hope everyone is well!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but does anyone have any good recommendations as to where I can get some new plant netting at a reasonable price?

I'm after the stuff that has the black line that runs down the middle where a cane can be pushed through (I hope that makes sense ). I've had mine for years and it was given to me so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!
    sigpic

I get mine from Elixir Garden Supplies and Gardening-Naturally. It's worth checking their prices on ebay, amazon and their own websites and they can vary.
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Hi there,

I've gotten a few rolls of netting from scaffolding direct over the last few years, they do 2m X 50m and 3m X 50m and you can cut it to whatever size suits. They do lots of colours but I think white is best for growing veg as it reflects the most light. The first roll I got had the black stitched holes in the middle but the last one just had smaller white holes, so it might be worth asking them which ones they have in stock currently. They were the best value I could find for covering my fruit and chicken coop a couple of years back and beta seem good quality.
      All the best,

Comment

Maybe you could contact a scaffold company and ask what they do with their old stuff. I emailed a local firm who told me to come to their yard and have all I wanted. The scaffolder explained the net to him was a disposable commodity, priced in with the job, used once or twice then disposed of. Me taking some away saved him having to get rid of it.
        Some of the net I collected was tatty, some not bad and some was good as new.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'll get on to all suggestions right away!
          sigpic

Comment

Meant to say also that scaffold netting is called debris net
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X