Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes (Heirloom)

Hi all,

Hope I've posted this in the correct place.
    I want to start building up my tomato collection but would like to stick to heirloom varieties so I can save seed.
    What are your favourites?

Thankyou ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…

Hello and welcome (not met before).

My (current) favourite heirloom is Rose de Berne or Rose of Berne. Small to medium, excellent flavour, early to crop (perhaps because of smallish size), long harvesting period, very small green core, quite a thin skin but no splitting (in my experience). Grew this for the first time last year. Will grow instead of Gardeners Delight this year and probably every year.

Also like Cuor di Bue for a bigger heirloom tom.

Comment

Hello to you too

That's amazing. Thankyou so much. Will have a look into those varieties. It's great hearing other people's favourites ๐Ÿ…

Comment

the heritage ones I grow are black icicle (plum) and green grape. They were given to me a few years ago by someone on the vine and I have grown them ever since.

Comment

They sound good. I will look them up. Love the idea of being able to save seed. Thankyou so much

Comment

I'm growing Riesentraube Cherry, an old German Heirloom variety for the first time this year. I found it on Premier Seeds Direct, it sounded too good not to try!
            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

They look good. I get most of my seeds from there so will add them to my list to get. They look really brightly coloured. Thankyou

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X