No dig bed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No dig bed

Am thinking of using no dig to get my raised bed ready to plant. There is a fair bit of grass clumps growing in it but not lot of weeds as we created it in part from the lawn. For that situation do I need cardboard before I add the compost or should I just even out the level and add compost straight? From what I saw the cardboard is mainly where you have perennial weeds.

You'll want to use cardboard for any strong weeds which might push through the compost. Tussocky grass will definitely push through just a layer of compost (unless you put down 6 inches or something ridiculous).

Comment

I'd go for cardboard too Annie. You're only doing it once so for the extra time it takes it'll be worth starting as clean as you can.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I'm a no digger and set my beds up on my grass too and I put cardboard down first, as Mr Bones says above, you only do it once so best to start as clean as you can. It will be worth it
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Another no digger mine aren't raised beds but its still the same principal of using cardboard.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X