Courgettes?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgettes?

Is it likely that the courgettes will produce any more flowers ( and obviously then courgettes) or have they ‘done’ for this year? They started ok, but nothing much appears to be happening now! No chutney this year!

If the plant still seems reasonably perky and the growing point is intact then they may well produce more flowers and fruit. My squashes are now starting to produce another flush of flowers, after they stopped during the heatwave.
    If, on the other hand, the plant is riddled with powdery mildew and barely growing then it probably won't recover and is done now, yeah.

Comment

I would leave them longer,the hot summer & drought we’ve had here has slowed the growth,mine are only just coming into action.
      I just found this photo from 8th November last year,the leaves look quite tired tho -
      Edit - I just remembered I mulched around that plant late summer when it was getting colder,so the plant didn’t realise it was getting colder does anyone else have dates for last harvest,feels like they’ve got a while yet
      Click image for larger version  Name:	0053EB7D-9D99-4101-A7B7-5C5908C678AA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	518.4 KB ID:	2551001
      Last edited by Jungle Jane; 28-08-2022, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I’ve actually removed some of the ‘mildew/yellow looking leaves, but they are just kinda of sitting there, not doing much! I’ll leave them a bit longer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X