Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nipped in the garden to pick a few more apples I gave those away I'd picked yesterday.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday tomatoes,pepper,cucumber & apples. I picked five runner beans a few days ago,maybe the last. Ive one teepee left it has a few flowers on. I harvested my two small squash,squash & my yellow courgettes didn’t do very well this year,plants didn’t grow as big. Tomatoes have done well,still have a few plants out there & a slow pepper that’s nearly orange.

Comment

• More apples and raspberries
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tomatoes,one runner bean,two small yellow courgettes & six apples.

Comment

• Yesterday lettuce, basil and tomatoes.

Comment

• Do oysters and cockles off the beach count?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The weather got cold during Wednesday night last week, with colder forecast for Thursday. I powered up the greenhouse heater and thermostat, set to 10°C. Since it isn't cheap in electricity, On Fiday, I moved all the chillis into the dining room or the workshop. Today (Monday) I gave all the plants a good prune and harvested whatever fruit was still growing:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_87774.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	677.8 KB
ID:	2586617

Starting from top-left, are Aji lemondrop, pepper Star F1, Jalapeño, Kashmiri, Chilhuacle Negro, With Scotch Bonnet and Yellow 7 pot in the middle row.

Having done that, I washed the various collections of unripe and ripe tomatoes that were sitting on the worktops and froze the decent ones, chucked the bad ones and put the 'need using soon' ones in a punnet to make some soup/bolognese etc. with:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_87775.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	884.3 KB
ID:	2586618
                Last edited by Mark Rand; 14-10-2024, 06:57 PM. Reason: Messed up the photos.
                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• A good harvest Mark.

Comment

• Apples, quinces, peppers, jalapenos, grapes, more dry beans.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X