Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I potted on twenty five French marigolds & washed more pots for sowing sweetcorn etc..

Comment

Cleaned plant labels found lots from previous years no wonder I was running short.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Yesterday I potted on one sallisaw cafe & four Jaune flamme tomato seedlings,they’ve got their first true leaf,really small,there’s loads more to pot on today,going shopping with mum soon so after that I’ll come home to do more,growing plants is so laid back,no rush,can fit in around everything else,it might feel overwhelming at the time but a little a day gets the jobs done

Comment

Planted my charlotte potatoes, moved courgettes out of the h/propagator onto a bedroom window sill now they've popped up their heads.
          Then potted up basil, parsley and more coriander.

edited to say I planted the last of my module sown lettuce into troughs.
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 18-04-2024, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Potted on my outdoors tomatoes, the last of the peppers, and my litchi tomato seedlings.
            Shredded all of my garden prunings and the brassica stems from the allotment.

Comment

Potted on four cream sausage,four black vernissage & one urbikany tomato seedlings.

Comment

Planted 7 tomatoes in 7 varieties in GH No2's beds. Potted on cucumbers, chillis and peppers. Reassembled some staging. set up the fan heater on a thermostat in GH No1 for the next few cold nights because the heated propagators aren't big enough, now that I've re-potted things.

Didn't get around to mowing the pocket handkerchief lawn.
                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

This morning I've put parsnips and peas to chit.
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 21-04-2024, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I just potted on four black icicle,one German lunchbox & three blue ambrosia tomato seedlings,I don’t have much compost left,garden centre visit soon,I wonder what seeds they have

Comment

Chitting some really old Beth alpa cucumbers, just so I can say I tried and then throw the packet out.
                      Sowed lots of seeds.
                      Did the tomato shuffle as we finally had some sunshine to warm the greenhouse, looks like that's the only day for the rest of this week though.
                      Earthed up my first earlies, that were just starting to poke through, as we might get a touch of frost tonight.
                      Fleeced the bag of second earlies in the greenhouse.

Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Planted out all my sweetpeas, much later than usual.
                        Potted on some of my tomatoes.
                        Potted on my dahlias which I grew from seeds.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                          Planted out all my sweetpeas, much later than usual.
                          Thanks for that. I was wondering when to do it. I'll do it on Tuesday (Met Office says we'll get drowned tomorrow).
                          Last edited by Mark Rand; 21-04-2024, 07:59 PM.
                          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post

Thanks for that. I was wondering when to do it. I'll do it on Tuesday (Met Office says we'll get drowned tomorrow).
                            Mark, I usually dow my sweetpeas in late autumn. Overwinter them in the greenhouse and plant them out at the end of March or first week in April.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I waffled a fair bit..........................................

https://youtu.be/u_qpZrUzwiQ

Comment

I went to the garden centre today,got bird food,compost & sugar snap peas. Potted on tomatoes black trifele,black sea man,mountain princess,orange banana,pendulina,m.u.s & bloody butcher.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X