X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh why would it do that Bren ?
    Northern England.

Comment

• Not sure CG I think cucumbers main aim is to die I have two Beth alpha cucs in large pots stood on a self watering system the other one is thriving.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Had a lovely pottering day at the plot on the weekend.

Obligatory weeding & hoeing, planted out some Kale 'Scarlet', guided climbers, tom feed on mangetout/climbing & dwarf FBs/broadies/cucs/squash/strawbs, bit more spud earthing up, admired new growth/first mangetout flowers/newly germinated carrots, picked strawbs, chatted with neighbours & plenty of sitting on the bench enjoying the weather whilst tapping ourselves on the back for how far we've come since taking on the plot & planning (always planning)

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
          At mums :
          Planted out cosmos (various ) also sunflowers
          Weeded and pruned
          Planted up into a container runnerbeans
          Mum got stung by a wasp (again) , must twice this month. Found hole they were going in and dealt with.

You’re good,I found the nest & contacted a wasp man to come & save us,too scary for me. I thought it was bees,they kept flying at my face but I’d leave the area & they didn’t sting me,apparently the nests have baby queens in. I can’t go out there till later,I see some flying about mad,it’s a bit mean but they get more aggressive august/september…

Click image for larger version

Name:	4FBBB026-F914-4DCA-B57D-7805BD077DAF.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	961.5 KB
ID:	2580870 Click image for larger version

Name:	2DB782C4-5E90-4B6D-8A0E-DC3D4800ED2B.png
Views:	77
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	2580871

Comment

• It was in the ground JJ so sprayed into the hole then covered it over.
            Northern England.

Comment

• I did one for a plot neighbour last year.
              It was in the ground. I sprayed ant and crawling insect killer into the hole and on where they were landing in the evening. The spray left a residue on the landing place. They were all gone the next day.
              Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Started breaking up the clay in the front garden as part of the project to put the lawn back after 20 years. Having to jump on the fork to get it into the clay at most points. After I've done that, I'll go back and forth over it with the little toy Aldi/Liddl rotovator/cultivator to break it up more. Then It's all going through the rotary sieve to get the rocks out. If I'm dedicated and get it done before St Swithin's day, It'll get fallowed and weedkillered prior to sowing later on.
                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• I have heavy clay and advised by local nursery to build on top of it for garden beds and into with leaves and leaf mould. Dig a hole and put them in.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Planted out the back garden sweetcorn, thinned the last apple tree.

Comment

• Planted out the kale plants at the allotment, then netted them.
                      Lots of watering.
                      The strimmer man came again, so I raked up some more grass to mulch the tomatoes.

Comment

• Cut the tops of several basil plants to encourage them to be bushier, the tops are now rooting in water.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pruned the akebia and two of the grape vines.

Comment

• Weeding
                            Pruning
                            Split some plants
                            I was going to plant out but decided they'd appreciate a cooler day for that (as would I)
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Planted out four more runner bean plants yesterday,three little ones left to plant. Deadheaded & watered some of the plants. Tied in the cucumbers & tomatoes. I’ve been stopping my grape vine at a manageable size,so it can’t grab hold of the neighbours tree again.

Comment

• Pruned the remaining grape vine, lots of watering, strung up some of the peach branches so that they don't snap under the weight of the fruit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X