Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed toms, cucumbers and courgettes and potted on some mixed lettuce plants.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Today I planted out another black cherry tomato with sweet pepper & pink petunia,also pendulina tomato with French marigold,watered most the plants out there,fed some with seaweed.

Comment

• Bit of watering and moved some pots around, sowed seeds, deadheading.

Northern England.

Comment

• Yesterday I planted a vernissage tomato with an Amy sweet pepper & French marigold in a large pot. Pruned the plum tree. Bit of weeding. Watered all the little pots,wondering where am I going to plant the rest. When the garlic comes out there’ll be space for broccoli

Comment

• At the weekend:

OH put together an arch with a gate for the entry to the plot. We'd hoped to secure it to the existing arch our berries grow over but typically it was slightly narrower than expected. Meanwhile I spent a good hour picking strawberries & generally staying out of his way

Raked a bit more earth over the spuds. Tied in some broadies as well as the squash & cucs (we're growing them upwards). A bit of half-hearted weeding. The blackfly have had a resurgence on a few of the broadies so they got squished & will be squirted with some washing up liquid/water ASAP.

Marvelled at the growth since last weekend. Most of the brassicas are looking good but the cabbage have had a bit of a munching from slugs/snails No chatting this visit as the plot was strangely quiet for a dry day

Comment

• Strimmed the allotment paths, and some more watering.

Also discovered that something has ransacked by gooseberry bush, and I've now lost about half of the fruit. Pretty sure it was a badger, just by the trampling and the grey hairs I found. It didn't even eat most of them, though. They're all over the ground under the bush. They're also not even ripe yet. I'm wondering if the fruit was even it's target, or whether it was just passing through, got aggravated by the thorns, then thrashed about a bit and knocked a load of the fruit off.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your gooseberry losses ameno

The birds (I think) have knocked a few off ours too & I'd have be much happier about it if they'd eaten them rather than leaving them on the ground.

I've consoled myself that the remaining fruit might be bigger as a result of the impromptu thinning (but I may just be fooling myself there).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X