Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed debris netting from my tall peas, they're full of aphids and not looking good at all.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday it rained most the day,planted a cucumber with two petunias in a pot & twelve leeks in the soil near the lavender. I don’t have a waterproof jacket so had to keep stopping & do housework instead 😫

Comment

• Note to self JJ. You need a waterproof, this is the uk xx
        Northern England.

Comment

• Picked the rest of the gooseberries and started on the monster crop of blackcurrants!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Deadheading flowers
            sowed salads
            Northern England.

Comment

• Planted out the last two cucumbers with two petunias in a large container & planted a German lunchbox tomato with an Amy sweet pepper & French marigold. Deadheaded petunias & marigolds. First cucumber growing bigger on one of the older plants

Click image for larger version

Name:	2C401754-D4DB-4F84-82CC-AC5B671ABD7D.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	524.1 KB
ID:	2581830

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                9th July. Removed debris netting from my tall peas, they're full of aphids and not looking good at all.

All my Telephone Peas died they're now in the council composting bin.
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 12-07-2024, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• I've planted out the Blauhilde french beans I'd sown 22 June to replace those the slugs ate.

Comment

• Picked a few more blackcurrants, the last first early potato plant, some mangetout and some tenderstem broccoli.

Comment

• I've planted out the last of my module sown lettuce into buckets and troughs. Lots of weeding.

Comment

• Used the toy Lidl cultivator on the front dirt patch that's going to be a lawn - until a plastic linkage in it died due to one too many stones getting stuck between the tines and the bash plate.

Dug up the leeks in the raised bed and planted them in similar places, but 8" deeper.

Planted out some kohl rabi and some spring onions.
                        Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Yesterday I tied the grapevine back & planted out four more broccoli plants with collars made from compost bag. Fed BFB,covered with netting & a bit of fleece. Saw the first cabbage white butterfly.​​​​​​ Also planted three more petunias into a potato bag that’s been harvested.

Comment

• Did a spot of harvesting.
                            Pricked out endive, sorrel, mizuna.
                            Planted out some mizuna, see what the slugadiles think of that.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Took a section of staging down to make more space for the cucumber plants.

pollinated the chillies (daily task, really).
                              Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• ^^^no flowers open on my chillies yet Mark
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X