Courgette Trial

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgette Trial

Yesterday I lifted my garlic out of a large tub 18in. high by 25in. across, i removed half the soil and dug in some B.F.B. into the remainder of the soil, I then scrunched up a lot of newspaper scattered a handful of chicken pellets through it then gave it a good soak, i topped up the tub with a mix of compost and soil, not the soil that the garlic had grown in, I added B.F. B to this soil also and then planted two courgette plants and scattered more pellets then gave them a good watering, I am hoping that the newspaper and feeding will replace the likes of compost or fym that courgettes seem to like, as said its a trial to see how this will work, will let you know how things go
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Rary I’ve planted a courgette in a container that previously grew potatoes. I mixed in some dalek compost, a bit of spent compost and BFB my courgettes doing as well as those planted in the ground.
    Let us know how yours gets on.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

My courgette plant got transplanted from a 3" pot to a 9" pot today. It was sown far too late, but you never know...
      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

I've got 2 in the ground and 2 spare. Think 4 would be too many
        Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
          My courgette plant got transplanted from a 3" pot to a 9" pot today. It was sown far too late, but you never know...
          Very likely to be a success. Lots of people sow a second round of courgette seeds for when their first plants start to slow down. Mind you, you've got to like courgettes to have two rounds of them! Good luck.

(I speak as the idiot who had eleven courgette plants on the go one year - lots of different varieties, I thought it would be interesting... for a household of two! )

Comment

I usually grow 7 courgette plants they produce anything from 46 to 109 courgettes this year I've got for only 5 plants.

Comment

I think that there may be a bit of a problem growing courgettes this year with night temperatures of 9c and day temperatures at 13c but still worth a try, on thinking on it i will see if a fleece cover will help, as often been said " You never know till you try "
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Rary I think that's how it is with veg growing, you can only give it a go.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X