No announcement yet.

Courgette Trial

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fed bfb on planting and once flowering I've been feeding with tomorite weekly. I will give them a bit more , thanks.
    Northern England.

Comment

Just a quick update on the courgette plant after putting some micromesh around the plant to help break the cold winds the plant looks very healthy but only three small courgettes on the plant, i think the extremes of weather is causing most of the fruiting problems, one day a nice comfortable temperature, the next cold and wet, the effects of this is reflected in various parts of the garden, so just have to work with what comes along, and anyway there's always next year🙂
      Last edited by rary; 16-08-2024, 07:42 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

My courgettes are very small this year. Normally I offload them to my sister in law when I get too many, so I gave her 3 that were about 6 inches long on Thursday, apologizing that they were small. She said they were about twice the size of the ones she had been able to buy in the shops, so I think this is a weather problem, not something wrong with the variety or anything I have done.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Not sure I'm going to get anything to pick. Just don't seem to be growing. Like Rary the weather isn't helping at all, warm the blowing a gale, torrential rain, cool and cloudy.
          Northern England.

Comment

Your lucky Cg, the weather here is missing out the warm😏
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Haha warm as In months ago. Almost lit the fire tonight
              Northern England.

Comment

Actually sitting with a bowl of soup made from a courgette/marrow🙄 that I had missed on the courgette plant I planted along with some sweet corn, but nothing to harvest from my trial courgette,,,,yet

Comment

Quite disappointed, my trial with the courgette ha only given me two small courgettes the third went to feeding the slugs and snails, which with that I have learned a lesson, although a garlic spray works it needs to be applied after almost every shower of rain, and to do that I would have needed to be out two or three times some days, which really is practical, so next year I will make up a nematode solution with which I can administer to my pots, to do it over the full garden would .mean killing of the high persentage of slugs that do no harm in the garden

Just to add the reason for not wanting to kill off all the slugs/snails is due to the fact I have been on this earth a good number of years, and when I think back to when I was a boy, all the birds, animals and insects that were present whenever you went outdoors compared to now is noticeably diffrent, the drop in numbers is quite shocking, so if there is a less harmful way of controlling pests, I prefer using that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X