Dying celery plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying celery plants

Well, I have had these growing healthy in seed trays which were potted on a couple of weeks ago so why oh why are they now deciding to keel over? Just standing them in some water as they need a drink but it isn't reviving them ​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240707_154157_edit_267245632960262.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	985.0 KB
ID:	2581561

It is probably lack of water - they do need a lot. They may still revive if you leave the pots in the water tray.
    It took me a while to appreciate that their natural habitat is marshy land. That's the reason why I stopped growing celeriac, I just couldn't keep up with watering during dry and hot spells.

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll keep them soaking longer. I just get used to things keeling over.

* Update - After soaking overnight in water tray a slug has somehow got in an nibbled the tops off some of them. So they can now survive crossing water ?
      Last edited by Marb67; 08-07-2024, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I wonder if it was hiding inside the pot?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Marb67 View Post
          Ok thanks. I'll keep them soaking longer. I just get used to things keeling over.

* Update - After soaking overnight in water tray a slug has somehow got in an nibbled the tops off some of them. So they can now survive crossing water ?
          That water isn't very deep. It wouldn't be enough to stop most slugs or snails.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X