No announcement yet.

Detering cabbage whites

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The eggs don’t hatch straight away,you could have a day off so it doesn’t take over your life. I usually remove eggs/caterpillars every other day so it doesn’t become too much. This year I’ve used nets because I can remember all that….
    Would you try rarys garlic solution spray,exactly the same way this time 🧐 buy a garlic bulb in the shop to use,crush & leave it in the water for two weeks for the garlic oils to combine with the water. You can’t say it doesn’t work until you try the correct formula,you used one clove & left it for one day,that wasn’t the tip 🤔

Comment

The small clove has caused such a pungent smell in a short space of time. I have added peppermint oil too which I think is now working as they still come and flutter around, land briefly but don't lay eggs. I have also watched them mating. I like them being around as they also land on the budjlea.I just don't want them ruining brassicas.
      Last edited by Marb67; 02-08-2024, 08:08 AM.

Comment

That's good news - handy tip about the peppermint oil too

Comment

Having said that they are now all over them, large fat ones and millions of tiny. I can't be bothered anymore. They were even in my Broccoli stems. I thought I had rubbed off all the eggs. I have even known them get through netting. And yet I see no other butterflies like I used to.

Comment

I put cauliflowers in the greenhouse border with mesh over the door after giving up with tomatoes.
            One or two have got in and got stuck on the glass making them easy to catch.
            The chickens erupt when they see me with one in my hand.
            They are sweet nectar filled tit bits and are much loved by hens.
            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

I just give up. They are still coming even though it's getting late Aug. I keep shooing the away, squirt with hose but they still persist. Surely Ince they gave laid their eggs they gave done their job but they keep coming again and again. And again, there are NO other butterflies about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X