No announcement yet.

Woo hoo! Seed potatoes arrived!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which do you think will be best for slug resistance? We have a masive number of the blighters on our plot.

Comment

which reminds me!!!! i have to empty me potato bucket xmas day, crossed fingers please?

(even if they are pea sized we are eating them)
      Last edited by BrideXIII; 20-12-2008, 06:17 PM.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by Sunset View Post
        Which do you think will be best for slug resistance? We have a masive number of the blighters on our plot.
        Best slug resistant variety is a second early called Kestrel.
        Potato videos here.

Comment

Great tattieman. Had a look at your site and couldn't decide what to order. Guess what order you'll be getting from me now! Any first earlies that are reasonably slug resistant?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunset View Post
            Great tattieman. Had a look at your site and couldn't decide what to order. Guess what order you'll be getting from me now! Any first earlies that are reasonably slug resistant?
            Arran Pilot, Pentland Javelin and Rocket would be the best of the first earlies but not in the same league as Kestrel. If your slug problem is that bad you should really set up some traps for them.
            Second early Charlotte has good resistance.
            Maincrop Harmony are meant to be very good aswell.
            Potato videos here.

Comment

well i have just ordered some harmony. just need to work out where to put them
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

went to local garden centre today, bought lady crystal and swift and planted in tunnel this afternoon how many weeks delay by not chiting, my soil feels quite warm not cold.

marion

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                  well i have just ordered some harmony. just need to work out where to put them
                  Harmony are very hard to get hold of and will be a very useful variety for you.

Originally posted by kittykat8 View Post
                  went to local garden centre today, bought lady crystal and swift and planted in tunnel this afternoon how many weeks delay by not chiting, my soil feels quite warm not cold.

marion
                  Swift can be ready to harvest in 70 days.
                  If your soil is warm then your potatoes should sprout so you should have no delay as your potatoes will start to grow straight away.
                  Potato videos here.

Comment

my seed pots came late december last year i put them in a cold attic but by the time it came to planting thet had about 9inch of tuber making it hard to untangle and to plant any suggestions please

Comment

Originally posted by janto View Post
                      my seed pots came late december last year i put them in a cold attic but by the time it came to planting thet had about 9inch of tuber making it hard to untangle and to plant any suggestions please
                      Keeping them in a cool area is about the best thing you can do.
                      If it happens again break the sprouts off 6 weeks before you want to plant them and that should give them time to re-grow and this time put them in the light so the sprouts are short and strong.
                      Potato videos here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X