No announcement yet.

wilkinsons seed potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've just had mine delivered from tattieman. have no more room left! start chitting 6 weeks before you plan to plant them hot stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kate&rob View Post
      i've just had mine delivered from tattieman. have no more room left! start chitting 6 weeks before you plan to plant them hot stuff.
      Thanks, so I guess around the start of Feb would probably be about right for me.
      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

I seem to remember an old chap telling me that the best time to plant your potatoes is Good Friday, so working on that theory, Shrove Tuesday or Ash Wednesday sounds about right to start chitting them.
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

some of mine have started getting shoots already, what do i do with them?? ..... it says plant them march to may, so should i just leave em and plant em the beginning of march? thats about 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
            some of mine have started getting shoots already, what do i do with them?? ..... it says plant them march to may, so should i just leave em and plant em the beginning of march? thats about 6 weeks.
            i'd leave em in a cool dark place out of the poly bags till your ready to start chitting or planting (kept mine in the fridge last year)
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Went to out wilkos and got various bits and also got some tatties, got 2 x 3kg bags of rocket that will be going in my grow tubs and potato grow bags, also got 2 x 3kg bags maris peer, 2 x 3kg bags maris piper, 2 x 3kg bags desiree.

Looking at how there are (got all the bags out on the front room floor) I think that they will probably fill nearly half the allotment.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Stand them up in egg boxes, or a shallow cardboard box, then put them on a windowsill in a cool room. The shoots will grow slowly then, but they'll be nice and green. The early ones you could plant in March, but the Roosters & Desiree won't need to go in til April.

Comment

Glad you got them.
                  I hope you enjoy growing them and have a great crop.
                  Potato videos here.

Comment

I was in Wilkos last weekend no sign of tatties, going to have to go again today!

Comment

I remember from last year's posts that Wilko put their gardening stuff out at different times at each store - ours certainly didn't have seed spuds out this week - so if you're making a special trip it's worth giving them a ring first.

Find your local store here

Comment

The only ones I saw at Scarborough Wilko were roosters at 5 for £1. But I bought a fig for £4.
                        Last edited by sarraceniac; 17-01-2009, 11:03 AM. Reason: 5 not 4. Lol
                        Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                        >
                        >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Well I went into Wilko in Nottingham and they had a huge selection. Lincoln store seemed to be mostly sold out of early pototes

Got some and waiting on my order from Tattie Man

Cannot wait

Comment

I ordered some Sarpo Mira and they came a few weeks ago.

Last week I went to the local GC and got some Kestrel [in case the potato day at Ryton sells out!], and she didn't charge me for them. Only noticed when I got home. So 3 packs of seeds and big pack of seed pots for £6. Thanks luv!

Comment

What do you folks think of the quality of wilko's veg etc. I'm a good believer of, buy cheap pay twice, and my experience with wilko products is just that. I've bought the onion sets before and they just did nothing and bought horse radish before and it turned out to be a lovely healthy plant, just not horseradish!!!!

Comment

I went for a bag of the Charlottes and a bag of roosters. I eat roosters all the time they roast well and make great jacket potatoes
                                Life of a Cycling Gardener

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X