Chilli Obsession !!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coomber View Post
    Sposed to be shiney black and very hot they look really cool in the picture - this will be my first year growing them.
    I have 2 seeds left(only got 5 in pkt!) if you're interested
    hot damn hun am i ever, pming you right now lol
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

OMG I think this obsession thing is contagious, virgin chili grower but as Bride said I love the pretty colours too.
      I'm growing just two this year but can already forecast if your pic's are anything to go by that next year I will be ordering more seed
      http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Herbie View Post
        OMG I think this obsession thing is contagious, virgin chili grower but as Bride said I love the pretty colours too.
        I'm growing just two this year but can already forecast if your pic's are anything to go by that next year I will be ordering more seed
        join us in the chilli shed then herbie we can 'moon' and 'chilli' at the same time

All Things Hot and Chilli Like
        Last edited by BrideXIII; 26-01-2009, 03:56 PM.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
          join us in the chilli shed then herbie we can 'moon' and 'chilli' at the same time

All Things Hot and Chilli Like
          LOL Will do Bride.
          http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

How about Friars Hat ? They have an interesting shape. Sadly I don't have any seeds to offer.

Comment

I got the chilli bug last year! Got fresno cheyenne , jalapeno andanother from the local nursery, nice harvest most of which is in the freezer. Joined a chilli forum and now have loads of seeds donated by very generous experts and will purchase a polytunnel so I can get a really good crop of chillis and tomatoes. Let me sort thro my seeds and I'm sure I'll have some spare. (but I'm still trawling the seed co's! Premier seeds direct on ebay are good for cheap seeds.
              Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Woofster View Post
                How about Friars Hat ? They have an interesting shape. Sadly I don't have any seeds to offer.
                I will look out for that one, i did see a VERY naughty shaped type on ebay, still giggling, can't put the name here cos its norty i may have to give in and get some seeds just for the sheer humour valour

check it out here

Norty Chilli
                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

ha ha, that's the oddest shaped vegetable i've ever seen!

I also have a chilli obsession - they are sso beautiful to look at an unfussy to take care of! Managed to get an abundance of cayenne chillis out of pots in a little yard last year. They were happy out with the occasional watering and so tasty!

I've been trying to find the ultimate gazpacho recipe for a while now and came close last year. Fingers crossed for this season coming!

Comment

Aw noooo!

I thought I would not grow chillis this year but I've caught the bug again thanks in no small part to this topic lol
                    aka Neil

Comment

some pics of chilis in my garden summer 2008

all grown from seed

orange habanero

chilis in pots
                      Last edited by muslimgrower; 28-01-2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

wow you are definitely worse than me MG

those tepin look dead cute, i am assuming they are from the seeds you sent me?

I am going to have to try for some 'norty' seeds next week or the week after if they still have them, i am afraid i can't resist.
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

wow you are definitely worse than me MG

those tepin look dead cute, i am assuming they are from the seeds you sent me?

I
                          yep..

sorry the tepin pic was big and made the forum go all funny !! lol

Comment

...and i tried so hard, honest, but my addiction just won't be controlled!

there was me quietly doing my sowing for the chilli control trial, and wondering why so many of my varieties are now missing ( long story) , and i got to mourning some of the varieties and made the mistake of going online.

There i found myself on the real seed site, and am now the proud and expectant owner of:

Lantern chillis
                            pretty in purple
                            lemon drops
                            purple venezuelan.

i had to stop there, cos i was actually looking for

Aurora
                            birds eye
                            marbles
                            naga
                            prairie fire
                            rooster spur
                            and a rainbow one i cant remember the name of
                            I Have tons of Birds eye seeds if you would like some.
                            Am going to have a sort out tonight and see just what I have got, will tell everyone what is available later..

Comment

some kilner jars i got from the internet and made some chili pickle

you can consume the chilis after a month being pickled.. The bigger chilis are still fleshy after a month and i feel 8 weeks is the right time to start consuming them,,,

rocoto in pot.. flowering away

various chilis ready for pickling red round chilis are the"cherry bomb"

Last edited by muslimgrower; 28-01-2009, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillimad View Post
                                I Have tons of Birds eye seeds if you would like some.
                                Am going to have a sort out tonight and see just what I have got, will tell everyone what is available later..
                                cool, get your list up on the group, i am going to re-do mine when i have the real seeds ones, so people can see what i have spares of.

it is so addictive.
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X