No announcement yet.

Damn it!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I have my cloches to keep pigeons and the dreaded Milo dog off my seedlings and then the Milo barriers for larger veg. Bit costly at first but better than having the RSPCA after me!
    Attached Files
    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
      I found gorse cuttings worked really well, berberis is almost as good. Not only do all cats hate getting spiked, the cuttings suppress weeds too, and they last pretty much forever.
      ?
      Works for me as well-no cats and no rabbits either

Comment

Morning

Does anyone know of a supplier who will send something like that fleece or cloche down overseas? That looks like just the job....

where2start

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
          I found gorse cuttings worked really well, berberis is almost as good. Not only do all cats hate getting spiked, the cuttings suppress weeds too, and they last pretty much forever.
          The reflection in the bottle thing is a myth, cats don't see things as we do so they do not recognise the shape of themselves in the bottle. I have seen a garden full of bottles turned into a cat litter tray, while the garden next door was unscathed. It's just down to where they want to scent mark, and what they learn to ignore.
          Don't know how many of them are afraid of willy-wagglers !!
          Snakeshack, what is ralgex ?
          ralgex is a spray that is used for muscle stiffness by people who do sport (obviously not me) and people who are still struggling with their winter digging,it's like deep heat.
          get it from your local chemist!
          real snakes don't scare cats at all my cat used to sit in front of the snake cage in the living room watching mine,he didn't like the lizards though.
          don't ever get rats or mice in the shed at home anymore since the snakes were moved down there though
          Last edited by snakeshack; 24-02-2009, 09:28 AM.
          don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
          remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Imagine how frustrating it is when you don't even own a cat, and the garden is littered with cat bob, really damn annoys me!! We got a dog to try to keep them off, but she thinks they've come round to play with her!! It's not only annoying but very dangerous aswell, when you have children cat poo can do so much harm, and I really wish that cat owners would think about this before having these creatures as pets. No insult or aggro intended here at all, just wanted to say my piece.

Comment

ok the bl**dy animal just walked all over my newly sprouting garlic! I love that cat but I am running out of patience. Going to spend this weekend making beds cat proof. Where can i get enviromesh quickly?.......
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

My problems isn't the poo, we back onto a wood and he goes there (if he can find a space between the dog poo!). My problem is the jealousy - I think I'm weeding, pruning, pricking out, checking for bugs etc. My cat and the one next door think I am stroking the plants - so they roll around on they're backs giggling and being cute. My beautifully laid out planting plans have biiigg gaps in them. There is a cat sized hole in my leek bed. But they do seem particularly fascinated with new soil, and not just as a toilet. OH has just covered in my bean trench with new soil and the cats both love it, they take running jumps into it and kill imaginery prey in it - just don't poop in it.

I use holly prunings between my seedlings and criss cross string over the top, if they try and squeeze under they get prickled. Water pistols are an excellent training tool, your cat doesn't hate you because if you're careful it doesn't realise it's you doing it - just thinks 'wierd, every time I do this I get wet'. It is also very satisfying for the human
                Nell

Comment

Originally posted by Eden View Post
                  Imagine how frustrating it is when you don't even own a cat, and the garden is littered with cat bob, really damn annoys me!! . . . . . and I really wish that cat owners would think about this . . . . No insult or aggro intended here at all, just wanted to say my piece.
                  Oh, how I agree! I do like cats, but I have a dog & the neighbours expect me to keep my dog out of their garden, but then don't provide their own cats with a litter tray so that they come out & do their business in my garden!

I'm told by a cat-owning friend, who also has a large veg patch, that the way forward is to provide your cat with a litter-box filled with soil - she uses grow-bag compost. It's easier for them to use than the veg patch so they head for it first.
                  Either that or get a greyhound. . . .
                  Many people have eaten in my kitchen & gone on to lead normal, healthy lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanie View Post
                    Oh, how I agree! I do like cats, but I have a dog & the neighbours expect me to keep my dog out of their garden, but then don't provide their own cats with a litter tray so that they come out & do their business in my garden!

I'm told by a cat-owning friend, who also has a large veg patch, that the way forward is to provide your cat with a litter-box filled with soil - she uses grow-bag compost. It's easier for them to use than the veg patch so they head for it first.
                    Either that or get a greyhound. . . .
                    I provide our three cats with a litter tray, but since they have access to the outside it doesnt get a look in!

I've had to build cloche/tunnels over my veg beds as well and a fruit cage (possibly the most rickety garden structure ever made - DIY not a big skill of mine) round my rasps....now if only I could cage in the flower besd as well and I'd be onto a winner....
                    If it ain't broke...fix it til it is!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X