Germination Stations!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    I really can't use any windowsills this year due to manic mad kittens, but the greenhouse is getting full exciting innit
    Same here, piskie - what kinda kitties do you have? My Burmese are three years old, but they still race around the house like maniacs

All the shelves in my conservatory are full atm - with the most temptingly grass-like ones (onions and leeks) carefully protected from the cats...

Comment

Not a great pic - Its a bit unruly at the moment but hey....Its only for another month or so...
      Attached Files
      Serene she stand amid the flowers,
      And only count lifes sunny hours,
      For her dull days do not exist,
      Evermore the optimist

Comment

Im chuffed to bits with my heritage peas! 100% germination although did manage to kill off a few weakling tomatoes. Still only one window sill left ..... and lots to sow. Holding back abit now so I can create a bit of space when moving stuff into greenhouse, already started putting cabbage seedings, shallots etc into coldframe.
        http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

I'm glad it's not just me that gets all excited when things start to germinate!!
          Many people have eaten in my kitchen & gone on to lead normal, healthy lives.

Comment

I've got 10 metres of windowsill in my new conservatory - all waiting to be filled It's like all my Christmases have come at once

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
              I've got 10 metres of windowsill in my new conservatory - all waiting to be filled It's like all my Christmases have come at once
              get those chillis growing!!

2 of mine are up 2day!!

Comment

I need to get caught up as I'm a bit behind this year ( I think it's due to the bad weather ). I have plenty of allotment stuff on the go but only have a few tomatoes sown for the greenhouse, need to get some peppers, aubergines and cucumbers in. Havn't got a single windowsill that I can use for seed sowing but have a good sized hot bench that I made this year.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria26 View Post
                  Hi Broadway and fearie - Once they've germinated and are large enough to be handled I advise taking them out and potting them into modules or pots.

If only a few seeds have germinated I take the seedlings out and leave the rest in the propagator to continue germinating.

Leaving the seedlings in too long will cause them to get "leggy" - meaning they grow really long stems. Hope this helps!

I've taken over our back bedroom now for my little uns'. Gonna take a pic of this. OOOO and more peas up tonight!! Thats me up to 7!

Hello Victoria26,

Most of the seeds are in individual pots so moving won’t be an issue. When I move them out do I put them on the windowsill, reason for the question is I was under the impression that they would become leggy on the sill as well?
                  Cheers

Danny

Comment

Victoria, I noticed a small, teeny, wee space on your windowsill still to be filled My windowsills are full, in the kitchen I have the moon trial pots- toms and peppers. Bathroom is my cacti (my Christmas cacti is flowering again - don't know why). Bedroom is 10 Lemon Drop chillis and Alpine Strawberries. Living room is 18 Pretty in Purple chillis and lots of Diametre. Onions are outside in Greenhouse. All I can say is I live in a wee bungalow and I'm not out of space. Unfortunately I'm still itching to plant more

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X