Germination Stations!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germination Stations!!

Woo hoo - 4 of my petit pois came up this morning.

2 sweet dumpling seeds

6 moneymaker & 6 garden pearl too!

Not a windowsill left in the house!! Is anyone else proud of their propagators??
    Serene she stand amid the flowers,
    And only count lifes sunny hours,
    For her dull days do not exist,
    Evermore the optimist

The house is starting to be taken over with seeds trays.

Our downstairs bathroom has underfloor heating, all my trays are put there first progress to the windowsills when they pop up. I have two windowsill in the lounge but the dogs sit on one of them and the other is now full of seedlings. I worked my way into the kitchen today - there are two windowsills there but the cat's claimed one, humph!

There was snow forecast here today but it turned out lovely and sunny - Just came in from 7 hours in the garden, I know I will ache tomorrow.

This growing stuff is exciting isn't it?
    Last edited by amandaandherveg; 04-03-2009, 05:43 PM.

Comment

All window sill are full here as well, and it will only get worse when things need re potting
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

We're going on holiday in 6 weeks - It's a Home Exchange with a couple from Nashville. No idea what I am going to do with all these plants when I'm away - I'll have to chum my neighbour to get the watering can out. Hopefully everything will be out or in the GH by the middle of April when we are away.

Comment

I planted a load of seeds the day before yesterday and when I checked today there are already 9 cucumbers up about an inch, cant believe how fast they have come up.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

I really can't use any windowsills this year due to manic mad kittens, but the greenhouse is getting full exciting innit
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

All my windowsills are choca bloc so have had to put on hold further seed sowing until I can free up some space!! 2 Tom Sweet Million germinated this morning!!!!
              AKA Angie

Comment

I only started sowing at the weekend so I guess it's too early to keep looking, but I do anyway
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

I check everyday too - I feel so accomplished when i see a wee shoot.

Totally OCD!!!
                  Evermore the optimist

Comment

Whoo hoo, just checked again properly this time

5 cucumber straight nine, 4 cucumber armenian serpent and 1 watermelon crimson sweet all up. Its like christmas all over again.
                    Last edited by crichmond; 04-03-2009, 06:31 PM.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Sadly I can only use my kitchen and dining room window sills, and the dining room faces the wrong way for most seeds - all the other sills are too low (have a 2 year old son who LOVES dirt) or too cold. But these are absolutely full, can't wait for the seedlings to be big enough to come off the propagator onto the bench, and then into the cold frame so that I can start some more!!!!

Comment

Ok, time for the stupid question.

I'm using a lecky propagator properly for the first time.

Once the seeds have reared their ugly head do I move them from the heated prop?
                        Cheers

Danny

Comment

Oh and if the answer to Broadway's question is yes, then what do you do if only half of them have come out?

Comment

leave them and see what happens?
                            Cheers

Danny

Comment

Hi Broadway and fearie - Once they've germinated and are large enough to be handled I advise taking them out and potting them into modules or pots.

If only a few seeds have germinated I take the seedlings out and leave the rest in the propagator to continue germinating.

Leaving the seedlings in too long will cause them to get "leggy" - meaning they grow really long stems. Hope this helps!

I've taken over our back bedroom now for my little uns'. Gonna take a pic of this. OOOO and more peas up tonight!! Thats me up to 7!

Evermore the optimist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X