No announcement yet.

carrot seedlings - show yourselves!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sowed mine on the 12th March in a large planter on the patio. This year I have decided to grow them in a container as I never have any success with them on the allotment. They are covered with enviromesh already. No carrot root fly is getting my carrots.

Comment

there was an injury incident today
      larking about with my boy and his comfort item - a Cure T-Shirt - ended up ladning on my seedlings!

four suffered stem damage!
      don't expect much from those now, and we had a talk about how we BOTH have to be careful around the growing things...

moved the container into the little greenhouse soon after!
      Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
      Independent Minds

Comment

Never grown carrots before, sowing my first tomorrow in containers so they can stay don't have to be moved. Planing to keep in conservatory for the first few weeks until they get established and the weather warms up a bit.

Funny thing is I don't even like carrots :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jillyreeves View Post
          i hope someone in your household does!!!!!
          Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
          Independent Minds

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhanuman View Post
            i hope someone in your household does!!!!!
            Yes they do but only raw

Comment

sigh a weeks past and nothing - sheesh im so impatient. Mine will take 3 weeks to show no doubt!!
              Serene she stand amid the flowers,
              And only count lifes sunny hours,
              For her dull days do not exist,
              Evermore the optimist

Comment

Sowed my carrots on the 22nd of Feb in a cloche/coldframe and its only been since last weekend that they've started to come up and today, I have nearly full rows of seedlings with a few spaces that will hopefully fill up over the next few days.
                Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jillyreeves View Post
                  Never grown carrots before, sowing my first tomorrow in containers so they can stay don't have to be moved. Planing to keep in conservatory for the first few weeks until they get established and the weather warms up a bit.

First batch planted and sat next to my Jersey Royals (in tubs) in the conservatory. Will post an update once they come through

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X