will beans recover?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
    Janeyo, unlikely as it sounds the “How To Do Just About Everything” site actually suggests ways of protecting your crops from deer…. See
    How to Protect Your Garden From Deer | eHow.com
    Be warned it can involve 12 foot high electric fences… though certain scents or a dog offer more realistic options.
    There’s also a deer scarer on e-bay
    PORTEK HawkEye DEER DETERRENT / Scarer ? Protect Crops! on eBay, also, Other Agriculture Farming, Agriculture Farming, Business, Office Industrial (end time 26-Mar-09 17:31:01 GMT)
    – but £150 ! Basically a windmill, there’s a working model (scares me) so maybe you could get some creative soul to make one for you…
    If both options fail, reviving your crack-shot youth is probably the best bet - invite us all to the BBQ and we’ll bring you replacement seedlings! b.
    What about a poly tunnel protection and early/late crops?
    "Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."

Comment

Not silly question at all - I believe you sprinkle it dry, why cook it up for them! Seriously, I think the desired effect is to get it to swell in the ant!

As I said, mixed results but then I've probably got all the Kent's town cousins living on my allotment - I went on holiday for a fortnight last year and they had all my rock melons

Comment

In the house I've used ant "traps" in the past (bought them in the supermarket), as they get into the kitchen thanks to the **** ivy growing up the wall - like the semolina, they take the little poison pellets back to the queen and she dies.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
          Have you got a plastic storage box [see through] that you can put over them with a brick on the top to keep the old dears away?
          Once had a crop of mange tout decimated by a coach-load of pensioners on a jolly from Croydon. Shot four of them.
          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Broad beans are fairly tough plants and providing there is a few side bits to shoot from then it will do so. The only thing is you will have a multi stemed plant which will increase the number of pods produced but the beans will probably be smaller. Still time to plant some fresh ones especially varieties like bunyards exhibition.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X