Typical bank holiday weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flobalob View Post
    The much needed water for my garden has finally arrived. Has been drizzling for a couple of hours. I have 4 water butts that have been empty for weeks so hoping they are filling up. The garden already looks fresher.
    I totally agree....the onions and garlics have shot up in just the last few days...and the angelica is romping away.

I blimmin love the rain.

Until we have a solid month of it, then I tend to go off it a bit

Comment

I don't know why but I had it in my head that weeding would be useless in the rain :/ but obviously I was wrong OR maybe I was trying to talk myself out of going out in the rain lol.

But not tomorrow yeeeee haaaaa

Comment

No rain here today, we had some last night. A sunny if nippy day today but at least I was able to get out and do some weeding.
        Put all my seedlings out to harden off, so feeling we are moving ever nearer to summertime.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Droppey View Post
          I don't know why but I had it in my head that weeding would be useless in the rain :/ but obviously I was wrong OR maybe I was trying to talk myself out of going out in the rain lol.
          Hoeing is apparently better done in warm dry weather, as the weeds shrivel up faster - but any weather is better than not doing it

I've been having a quiet day with my feet up, sorting out my seed packets - last weekend's sowing and potting-on frenzy left me with piles of packets sitting around the house instead of neatly stored in their airtight tins

My sweetcorn, sown last Sunday, is already up, thanks to the magic of heated propagators, so tomorrow I think I'll catch up on sowing some flowers - they tend to play second fiddle to the veggies in this house!

Comment

This morning started great. I woke up at 7.30am with a real need to get gardening. I said goodbye to OH and kids, saying I would be back soon, and headed off for the allotment. It was lovely with just the birds singing and the motorway buzzing in the background. I cleared the rubbish and weeded the site until about 11.00am but then decided that I had to go home for breakfast but would return later. By the time I got home and had eaten, it had started to rain and did not stop until late. I went back up the site at 3.30pm to clear away my tools and came home looking like a drowned rat . I am hoping that tomorrow will be more favourable. Rain, rain go away come back when we are asleep.

Comment

Looking damp and dismal here today with fine drizzle but I'm determined to get outside!
              AKA Angie

Comment

Dull and damp here after overnight rain, and non too warm, tho I noticed the postie had his shorts on today (I notice things like that!)
                Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

It's absolutley gorgeous here today, yesterday was nice but today is lovely and sunny with only a light breeze. Had thought that the post title was sarcastic, hadn't realised that we were just lucky with the weather for once. Oh well, back to rake over another bed before planting main spuds tomorrow.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

It's rained here nonstop for the past 3 days!!!

At this rate we'll be mud wrestling to get the spuds planted!!!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Red hot here all day,but peed off cos of wot happened this morning(see what I did 2day!).FLIPPIN WEATHER...freezin one day,cookin the next.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X