No announcement yet.

Brussel sprouts - Peer Gynt

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess so if you have a sufficiently large container. They need the soil to be well compacted round the stems though or the sprouts don't form properly.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

The containers I have are 12" deep and 25" long do you think that would be okay?
      Susiewoosie

A novice but keen to learn

My Blog - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/susiewoosie/

My photo Albums - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ie-albums.html

Comment

Probably, as I say, you will need to make sure the soil is well firmed around the plants (same for all brassicas). In containers, it would be a good idea to stake them and keep them in a sheltered spot.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Thanks for that
          Susiewoosie

A novice but keen to learn

My Blog - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/susiewoosie/

My photo Albums - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ie-albums.html

Comment

So is everyone waiting to see if mine germinate? Or am I being too mean on quantities?
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by DexR View Post
              Shirl, just my tuppence worth, my neighbour on my new lottie was complaining that he had the last of these (Peer Gynt) for this year & he would have to change to , I think he said Maximus, but have been wrong before. He reckons they are a marvellous, tight, tasty sprout. (didn't offer me any though)
              Well, that's neat, isn't it - I would think that you have to do these for future ref, Shirley!

Umm. *coff* - I know that I have my 6 bedford filbasket sprout seedlings on the go, but if you do have a pinch of spare Peer Gynt seed, I could have my arm twisted...just to compare, you understand...

Comment

Hazel you sweetie, of course you can have some seed. PM your addy and I will pop them in the post as soon as I know they are viable.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Ta - will do!

Comment

Hazel,please let me know how are you getting with your sprouts-I'm growing Bedford's Basket as well and Bosworth.

Comment

Shirl
                      Did you get my second PM the broadband dropped out just as I set it and I dont know if it reached you.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULW View Post
                        Shirl
                        Did you get my second PM the broadband dropped out just as I set it and I dont know if it reached you.
                        No sorry, just the first one with your addy.
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

Did you manage to grow them?

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                          I am sure I have read lots about this variety of sprout on and off but can't find anything at the moment. I came across a packet of seed a few days ago and I am sure I have read that they are no longer available (or is my leaky brain mis-remembering?)

Should I buy said packet? (it won't have gone anywhere as it is buried at the back of a little old shop where hardly anyone goes)

Are they nice sprouts?
                          Hi there,

An old post I know but I was reading about Peer Gynt sprouts recently. I was interested to know if your old seeds had grown and whether it had been possible to save some seed? I don't know if that is possible (I'm new and a novice but keen to learn)...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X