No announcement yet.

Potatoes in Roottrainers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is pretty cool zazen. Next thing is you will have them on ebay and make a fortune.
    Potatoes will always find a way to grow.
    Potato videos here.

Comment

When I was starting a few off, I found that the roots grew above the actual potato and below the sprouty bit that Teak has taken off in that photo. So, you don't need the actual 'mother' potato at all.

I broke open the other root trainers and the same thing applies......baby spuds. I'm sure there is a new method here somewhere, I've got all sorts of ideas now....

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        So that they can grow roots before planting out.
        I see, just wondered if it was to see how they devoloped out of curiosity, or if it was to somehow improve the growth of them or the yield they produce that would be better then just sticking them in the ground.

I'm just nosey
        My Album, Progress so Far: -
        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

I had put chopped up potatoes with other left overs into my bean trench not realising they could grow after being hacked to pieces.They started growing so have had to remove them from the bean bed!

Comment

I have 4 lots of root trainers but just cant get on with them for some reason. I do keep having a go with them but then end up going back to pots and tubs. I know the original idea was to have extra depth when planting beans, I just cant get the beans to grow in them in the first place. I have some tubs 8" by 5" and deeper than trainers and get almost 100% germination. But well done Andrea for your inginuity. How deep do you plant them when taking out of root trainers. I just wonder as I usually plant tubers at least 6" down.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X