Tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes

Hi all - I'm new so please be gentle with me I planted tumbling tomatoes and normal tomatoes but silly me forgot to label up which was which. Is there any easy way to tell what the tumblers look like - are they much different to the normal ones? Thanks

so i take it no one knows then? Guess I'll have to figure it out for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_b View Post
      so i take it no one knows then? Guess I'll have to figure it out for myself.
      I don't know mrsb, but you only posted your query at 9pm yesterday - give folks a chance!

Oh, and welcome to the Vine
      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 05-06-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

youre tumblers will tend to grow outwards raher than upwards have a thinner more serrated sort of leaf.once they get going you will easily tell the difference, we are always losing the labels on our toms ,so we just tell people they're called tomato surprise! good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          I don't know mrsb, but you only posted your query at 9pm yesterday - give folks a chance!

Oh, and welcome to the Vine
          oops - sorry it had nearly gone off the page

Comment

Originally posted by gardening in mind View Post
            youre tumblers will tend to grow outwards raher than upwards have a thinner more serrated sort of leaf.once they get going you will easily tell the difference, we are always losing the labels on our toms ,so we just tell people they're called tomato surprise! good luck.
            Thanks - i shall go and have another look - 1st time doing tomatoes from seed so didn't expect many to take - i've got about 15 plants i'll go and see if I can pick them out

Comment

I have a similar prob Mrs B.....my "Permanent" marker that I used to write my labels wasn't (Thank you ASDA!), so I have a cordon and a bush variety planted out and no idea which is which!

Next year I WILL invest in a label maker!!!!!

Comment

Tumblers have much thinner main stems...and tend to fall over rather than grow upright.

(I labl mine) :-)

Comment

I use pencil on my labels (tip from this forum) It doesn't fade and you just use a rubber to remove it ......I have just had to buy a pencil sharpener!
                  Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Hi Cupcake........ (fabulous name).........

I sharpen my pencils with a knife. Every time I do, it reminds me of being a child watching my dad sharpening his pencil and then putting it behind his ear.

Also, there's something satisfying about not 'wasting' any of the lead when you use a knife......... how sad is that?
                    Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                    Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X