No announcement yet.

Whats everyone sowing this month?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've sown more chard in modules as well as fennel and lots more lettuce. I've done two more buckets of carrots, one of dwarf runner beans and one of the free radish seeds. I've also planted 15 more broad beans in pots to transplant on the lottie when there's a gap. I still want to sow some more turnips and beetroot and have a few more sweetcorn plants to plant out as well as loads of cabbages.

Comment

I've just done a second sowing of french beans

this week more salad leaves, radish and summer broccoli.

Comment

More radishes as the chooks got out and scratched up the ones that were just starting to germinate!!!!
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by MagicLady View Post
          Wow - there's still lots that can be sown then

Can most seeds be sown into modules and transplanted, or are there some things that can only be sown directly into their final positions?
          Carrots need to be sown direct, and some say parsnips although you can pre-chit them

Comment

after reading this, I'll be sowing some beetroot and turnips in modules ready to go out when we've dug over some more ground.... wasn't sure if you could do them in modules or not!

I've got to buy some more french beans and peas to sow, I had a bag full and seem to have lost them typical!

I'll be sowing more radish, lettuce, sweetcorn, spinach, carrots, broccoli, runner beans some swede direct (unless I can sow them in modules???) and if I have any more space, anything I can sow at this time of year to make use of it!
            "Nothing contrary to one's genius"

http://chrissieslottie.blogspot.com/

Comment

I sowed some parsnips in toilet roll centres a few days ago - my fourth this year after three failed attempts!!! - triumph of hope over experience, I thought I'd give one last try this season.

I plan to sow late carrots, some chard for winter and more peas, French beans and broadies. And maybe some more things from ideas I pick up on this thread.
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by louisesgarden View Post
                ive just about sown everything now, apart from the 2 free packets of seed i got with this months magazine, will have to find some space to squeeze them in or they will have to go in the window baskets at the front of the house ! had some spare tumbling tom`s so they have gone in the baskets at the front, only problem is we get alot of ramblers in the village ! so as well has blatenly peeping in my windows ! they will be helping themselves to my tomatos !!!!
                Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                I think I would have to put a sign on them saying they are experimental and eating them could seriously damage your health... might make them think twice

Or put up an "Honesty box" inviting people that take some to pay a little for what they take. You never know, it might work.

Comment

Today I have sown more French Dwarf Bean, Broad Beans and peas for a top up crop to what I have already got.

Later on this week I will be sowing a few more Spring Onions, Beetroot, Radish and some Turnips.

Really want to get some Kale on the go soon as well.
                  Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it!

Comment

Originally posted by chrissie the chippy View Post
                    after reading this, I'll be sowing some beetroot and turnips in modules ready to go out when we've dug over some more ground.... wasn't sure if you could do them in modules or not!
                    I've done beetroot a lot in modules - they germinate, but then "stop" once they get out (some add leaves, but no sign of thickening yet)...

Turnips I've done in guttering - which works well - less disturbance to the roots (unless you drop the guttering trying to get the end off it!!)

cheers
                    S

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
                      I sowed some parsnips in toilet roll centres a few days ago - my fourth this year after three failed attempts!!! - triumph of hope over experience, I thought I'd give one last try this season.

I plan to sow late carrots, some chard for winter and more peas, French beans and broadies. And maybe some more things from ideas I pick up on this thread.
                      Well I had given up hope of having parsnips mtf, but if you can try again, so can I. I too have had three failed attempts, but haven't tried loo rolls so here we go, fourth time lucky perhaps.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I have sowed the following so far this month: -

More Courgette seeds, Basil lemon, Basil Nufar, Oregano, Chives and Coriander.

I plant to sow the following once i have more soil and pots/troughs (To get on Saturday): -

Lettuce, Carrots, Calabrese, Leeks, Spring Onion, Basil Thai, Plain left Parsley, Lemon Balm, Borage, Thyme, Peppermint, Common Cress as well as some Camomile flowers and Marigolds.

Think i'm gonna be busy lol
                        My Album, Progress so Far: -
                        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

I have sown swiss chard, beetroot, silverskin onion, lots of salad leaves and was thinking about doing more sweetcorn, although not sure if too late for this?

Dianne

Comment

I'll be sowing more salad leaves and more parsnips and carrots, but otherwise I may concentrate on flowers. I've inherited a LOT of seeds from a lady who was an avid gardener, so I feel I owe it to her to have a go!

Comment

Sown this week: carrots in the ground, coriander in the ground [after my OH hoed the self sowed ones away], beetroot, loads of lettuce leaves, brassias, more spring onions, radishes, more herbs.

will sow more brassicas after the longest day - which is scarily 9 days away

Comment

Do brassicas grow better if you wait until after longest day, as i was gonna sow some more at the weekend- is it worth waiting? (Sorry if it sounds dumb but i haven't a clue since im a newbie )
                                My Album, Progress so Far: -
                                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X