overwhelmed & exhausted

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS - sounds like you're making a lot of work for yourself
    do you need to water that much? what about setting up a sprinkler or using a water butt with drip feeders in the greenhouse? my home watering takes just a few minutes a day
    do you not use weed sheeting to stop the weeds? i use it on the brassicas and the fruit beds - have used grass cuttings as a mulch on the spuds and part of the salads bed, stopped a lot of weeds
    slug pellets will stop the snails too ......
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

The weeding at this time of year always gets me down, there's so much rain the things are just rampant. I have to admit that we are spending far too much time with the new chickens too, so what could be time spent weeding is actually spent extending runs, cleaning houses and generally watching the chooks' antics. OH did the early morning feed today and managed to hoe off two large beds while he was there. The onion bed, which is going to be a delicate weeding operation, is smothered though.
      Last edited by bluemoon; 09-06-2009, 10:38 AM.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Keep up the good work TS, don't let the weeds get you down. Perhaps your Neighbours plot could have a load of geotextile put down to help out in the fight against the weeds.
        Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it!

Comment

Just plan a bbq and invite lots of people. After you've spent a fortune on food and drinks and prepared everything its definatly a shoe in that it's gonna piss down from the heavens!!

Chin up chuck!
          Serene she stand amid the flowers,
          And only count lifes sunny hours,
          For her dull days do not exist,
          Evermore the optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
            TS - sounds like you're making a lot of work for yourself
            do you need to water that much?
            Everything is in pots and trays in 5 greenhouses ... that's a lot of plants to water. They are, by necessity, on a south facing patio, so they dry out every day, despite shading.

My garden borders are brand new, so all the plants are new and need watering in every few days.

Things are easier at the lotty... I don't hardly water that at all.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
              do you not use weed sheeting to stop the weeds?
              No, there's no room to. I don't have large areas of bare ground.

The weeds are coming up in and amongst my new crops - because the plot has been untended for about 8 years, it is full of annual weed seeds and perennial roots too.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Can I have some rain please? We seem to have missed out! A bit of sun wouldn't go amiss either!
                Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

I only have a small amount of bindweed and so far have managed to keep it to the end nearest the hedge. However if you want a change of a problem weed I can send you some mares tail TS. It is impossible to get rid of but still not as bad as bindweed.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                    Can I have some rain please? We seem to have missed out! A bit of sun wouldn't go amiss either!
                    We've had a storm tonight cupcake, you could have had that if I'd seen your post sooner. The outside tomatoes have taken a real battering and the weeds and slugs will be out later. Deep joy.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X