No announcement yet.

Enviromesh - to buy or not to buy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also if you form a cage made out of fleece then you run the risk of the plants overheating.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

On the same subject, my OH has just been given a MASSIVE peice of muslin to use for straining the homebrew/wine through. There really is masses of the stuff and I was wondering if it will be okay to use as protection for my babies.

Any thoughts anyone?

Martyn.

Comment

Originally posted by reggietheveggie View Post
        On the same subject, my OH has just been given a MASSIVE peice of muslin to use for straining the homebrew/wine through. There really is masses of the stuff and I was wondering if it will be okay to use as protection for my babies.

Any thoughts anyone?

Martyn.
        Is muslin like cheesecloth? if so it might block out too much light?
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

thanks everyone, I think I will do as someone suggested buy some each yearv to spread the cost. I'll buy enough to cover 4 beds that will be enough to cover my 200 odd leeks, cabbages & sprouts etc and peas. If I have enough I'll cover the carrots but I have fleece I could used to wrap around the carrot bed.

Many thabnks for the replies.

Comment

Are the leeks in the same bed as the cabbage and sprouts, if not I wouldn't bother covering them (the leeks that is) but do the carrots instead

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
              Are the leeks in the same bed as the cabbage and sprouts, if not I wouldn't bother covering them (the leeks that is) but do the carrots instead
              No they are on their own, for the last two years our site has been attacked by leek moth so I have to protect them.

Most of my carrots are in the PT so won't need protecting I've only got a couple of small rows outside.

Comment

Ah - as you were

Comment

For the last 6 months I've been using 1mm polyester mesh bought on ebay sold @ 10metre X 2.8 metres (search by 'garden mesh') the company go by the name Englishseadog £16.00 + £2.60pp
                  Worth every penny not a slug/snail/catapiller in sight on my cabbages (I made hoops from plastic gas/water pipe to hold it up) ,no problem with water/rain as its so fine it goes straight through. I had a lot of slugs dinning on all my veg last year so I got in early this year, I'm a bit paranoid now and only uncover to weed.
                  At present it looks like the mesh will last for many years - I hope this is of interrest

Chris
                  The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them

Comment

I bought some really cheap IKEA net curtains on eBay - much cheaper than an hours drive to their nearest store and back! It is very light, and easy to weigh down. It also seems more flexible than enviromesh, and is working well for now.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X