Get ya chilli plants out!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davefromthechipie View Post
    Love the black chillis This years been good for my ones Best yet the only problem its been a waste of time as they are pritty much unedable ..... But Is funny watching people try them

dorset naga
    I've enjoyed the few I've eaten!
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Damn! Bhut they look good Twang! Are they all from this seasons sowings?
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
        Damn! Bhut they look good Twang! Are they all from this seasons sowings?
        Yes, all except the Friar's Hat were sown last November under CFL lights for a headstart. These are my less advanced plants, I have had 3 or 4 crops up to 2Kg from my other greenhouse.
        I can't wait to try the Bhuts it's the only superhot im yet to taste and my mouth is watering at the prospect. Im really pleased with the size of them too, up to 3 inches long, a bit of a mouthful when it comes to eating them though

Comment

I kept 3 Jalapenos for myself and gave away the rest.They take AGES to grow,only 1out of 3 plants is flowering now,the remaining 2 don't do anything.A bit disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by PAULW View Post
            THAI DRAGON 4 ft from top of the pot to top of the plant just started producing fruit
            very nice and healthy plant.. what is the size of the pot... are u feeding it also with fertilizer
            http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Twang20 View Post
              What you have there (the one on the right at least) is a Habanero. Very nice examples indeed.
              Really?! I got send the seeds as Scotch Bonnets!
              http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Originally posted by Twang20
                Yes, all except the Friar's Hat were sown last November under CFL lights for a headstart.
                Thats early, when you gonna start this year? Are you overwintering any?

I might be tempted to try starting some Nagas around xmas time then I reckon.

Comment

Im sowing very few new varieties for next season. We're due to have a new baby in the next 2 weeks so i'll have very little time. But I did sow 200 varieties last year and im gradually wittling them down to find my favourites which will be over-wintered for next year.
                  The ideal time for sowing C. Chinense, C. Pubecsens and other slower growing species is Dec/January in natural light, with a heated prop of course. But with my indoor setup I have a controlled environment all year round.

Comment

Here are mine. I've got jalapeno, lemon drop and demon red all growing on a sunny window sill. All are still green at the moment, i think its going to be a while...
                    Attached Files
                    Becky

"We only have so many heart beats in this life, why waste them picking up a weight to put it back down again!" - Jerry Springer

Comment

My Apache are just turning red.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tiachica View Post
                        Really?! I got send the seeds as Scotch Bonnets!
                        Hi Tiachica, nice to see you again.

The Scotch Bonnet is really just a form of Habanero.
                        Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                        >
                        >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by Twang20
                          Im sowing very few new varieties for next season. We're due to have a new baby in the next 2 weeks so i'll have very little time. But I did sow 200 varieties last year...
                          200 varieties! Best wishes for your new baby, you need a new hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post

The Scotch Bonnet is really just a form of Habanero.
                            To quote Dave De Witt "The Spanish name Habanero technically refers to a specific pod type...the Scotch Bonnet and Habanero are different pod types of the same species". It's like saying Bell peppers are a form of Jalapeno

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
                              Nice to see you too! Never made the move.
                              http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

I'm having a funny season. My overwintered Cheyenne is covered in pods and they are begining to ripen. I have more Hungarian Hot wax than I know what to do with, but the pods are taking an age to ripen. I have 6 pods on my scotch Bonnet, one of which has turned red over the last week. The 2 Cheyenne plants I bought from the nursery are 2 different plants, neither of which is Cheyenne1. I have an embryo pod on the fatalli, loads of flowers on the Bhuts , chocolate habs and rocottos, but no sign of pods so I shall have to probably cut them back and try to over winter them.
                                Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X