No announcement yet.

Outdoor Chilies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it a lot easier to grow chillies outside than sweet peppers, possibly due to the size of fruit ie chillies produce a smaller fruit and therefore can cope with shorter summers. This year I am growing Nigel's Outdoor chillies on the allotment direct into the beds and they're doing pretty well, nothing harvested yet but you can see nice fruits beginning to form.
    Attached Files

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have hundreds of Chilli plants and not much space but im reluctant to grow any outside, they never produce to their full potential even if you can keep them sheltered from wind and too much much rain. Our temperatures just fluctuate too much I guess.
      Given a choice, put them in the greenhouse. Just make sure it's well ventilated or they'll be diseased before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twang20 View Post
        Chilli plants... never produce to their full potential even if you can keep them sheltered from wind and too much much rain.
        Nobody told mine that. I got a larger crop from my lotty ones than my patio greenhouse ones last year ... we still haven't eaten them all
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

All of mine have done really well thus far, stuck the good ones outside in May and have shot up, the Jals are doing really well. I think chillis hold their own quite well and as long as their not allowed to sit in harsh conditions where its always raining or cold they just plod along.
          Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X