Pea seedlings all pulled out

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pea seedlings all pulled out

I had a great harvest of peas this year from three 16 foot rows (Kelvedon Wonder), some of which has been eaten and the rest is in the freezer.

Decided to chance another sowing of one 16 foot double row of Kelvedon Wonder and they were sprouting beautifully - about 2 inches tall. Went to the lottie today and they were ALL pulled out of the ground (local pesky jackdaws I suspect) and just lying there.

So - have I still got time to sow another double row do you think? And if I do. how can I keep the birds off. (They will be growing either side of chicken wire support).
    Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

I lean glass or fridge/freezer shelves or anything with mesh or is clear against the chicken wire till they pop out of the ground, I also used CD's spinning on a string support which worked this spring.
    Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Thanks KC - I will give it a go. The chicken wire is in place so I might as well use up the last of the seed I have.
      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X