No announcement yet.

Non Ripening Peppers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought my pepper were never going to ripen, but its just a waiting game, here are my peppers 40 days apart.

They are inside my conservatory.
    Attached Files

Comment

Some peppers are meant to be green and won't ever go red so check your varieties before dispairing.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Silly question but can you eat them green? or are green ones a totally different thing?

Comment

Yes, you can eat them green, though they will probably not be as sweet as if they were left to ripen fully

Comment

Sorry but starting Chillies in February is not too early.....I sowed mine if Feb and have had no problems with crops ripening.....12 different varieties....Did take some photos last week will post them.....

I harvested Green Jaleps at the beginning of August....they are nicely pickled.....have made 2 batches of chilli jam and the beginning of September, and last night made 4 bottles of chilli sauce...........
            AKA - BigMatt over at Chillis Galore......

Comment

This might be of some interest - I have found that March is soon enough to plant Chillies in the greenhouse - Good time to sow pepper seeds

Comment

I am having a similar problem to Scottishnewbie. Have lots of green peppers which when they turn red also start to rot. Have never had this problem before. Any ideas why this is happening ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X