No announcement yet.

Anyone else still got toms ripening?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a load of ripe San Marzano to pick tomorrow with still loads of green ones to come!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

No tomatoes but I picked a few broad and runner beans today (along with some primroses!)
      Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

Forcast is that the temp will drop to -1 tomorrow night in this area.

Will bring in the chillies and pick the toms tomorrow afternoon.
        Last edited by WrexTheDragon; 06-11-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I've just been out to the garden and I've got chilli plants flowering. Surely this isn't right for November?

Mrs J

Comment

My Nigel's Outdoor chillies are still flowering and I picked a couple of ripe chillies off them today. Considered digging one of them up to put it a pot inside over winter but couldn't be bothered and will just sow new seeds next spring. By they way, they're a great variety, even outdoors. Got from Real Seeds and may try a couple inside also next year to see if they're even better there.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Mine toms have finished so I've had to buy some this weekend, and I was very picky in the green grocers.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Ive got 4 Roma plants still going in my conservatory that I brought inside a few weeks back, just starting to turn now about 25/30 fruits in all, they were planted a bit late.

Comment

My tamara toms are still going OK against a south facing wall. Picked one this am for packed lunch & there are a handfull more ripening that I'll probably eat this week too. Pulled up the gardeners delight on the allotment last week though as they were starting to rot.

Comment

Just got the last of my tomatoes, spanish beans and runners. The rest on the plot is overwintering stuff such as onions, leeks, parsnips, carrots in the greenhouse, swiss chard, broad beans. In fact, I am quite proud of myself this year.

Comment

Toms still hanging on in the greenhouse. Determined to pick some in December if at all possible.

Comment

Stil got thrree plants against a south facing wall. Two Sungold and one Yellow Pineapple.
                        Last edited by bramble; 11-11-2009, 08:42 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Mine are still there if the chooks would only leave them alone!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X