Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srodders View Post
    Tell me where you live and I'll be round with a bar of soap
    OK, so I don't read my posts before hitting submit! Mind you, I'm usually pretty drenched by the time I've hosed the glass down so maybe it's a way to save water!!!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks for the reminder...

Am suplhur-bombing ours this weekend, as its so big, and I don't think the previous owners ever cleaned anything!

Question though: am I better off cleaning the glass etc after I smoke-bomb it?

OWG

Comment

Perhaps cleaning it before will disturb and expose any unwanteds ready for the sulphur bomb to exterminate.

Comment

we have two greenhouses and though its not my favourite job the glass has to be cleaned and sprayed with armillatox along with all the stageing and while im covered in armillatox i spray and clean all the terracotta pots, plastic small pots and seed trays . Its now been a couple of weeks and wellies has already begun to fill it with her girls

Comment

Originally posted by trousers View Post
            we have two greenhouses and though its not my favourite job the glass has to be cleaned and sprayed with armillatox along with all the stageing and while im covered in armillatox i spray and clean all the terracotta pots, plastic small pots and seed trays . Its now been a couple of weeks and wellies has already begun to fill it with her girls
            Trousers, I think it is wonderful that you and Wellies enjoy your gardening together. Wish my OH would show a bit more interest!! Well done you!
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Greenhouse and Fungii?

We had to reglaze our greenhouse roof today, when we put it up we didnt put enough s-clips on the bottom panes, so had to remove the whole roof to fit some in (as the glass had slipped down, see the first attached piccy)! Mr D is now planning on re-cleaning it again before we do any planting in their, it was done as we errected it, but he's right in saying better safe than sorry!

We did notice some fungii growing in the north bed inside the greenhouse, I've attached a piccy of it, it looks like orange peel, as we are a little worried whether this is something that may effect our ability to grow in the soil inside there, the other side is fine, no fungii at all! Anyone have any idea about this fungii, is it something we should be worried about, is it edible? Should we sulphur bomb it / or armillatox it? Should we resort to using growbags for this year? ANy ideas / info / hints / tips would be appreciated!
              Attached Files
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Suzanne,
                I wouldn't eat those fungi if you paid me !!
                Leave well alone if I were you.....

Comment

Thanks Wellie, I had a feeling that they werent edible, but just had to ask the question! Any idea of they are going to be damaging to the plants we are hoping to plant in there?
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                  Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                  Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                  On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Hi Mrs D,

It could be Orange peel Fungus. The Book says - Fused in clumps on bare humus soil, often in great numbers also omong stone debries on freshly prepared forest roads. Size 2.3.cm but can reach 10cm. POISONUS as is anything that looks like it.

I don't think it will harm anything you grow in the bed but I would be inclined to remove it to stop the spores spreading just throw them so the pixies can still use them as baths I have had all manner of weird and wonderfuls growing on the lottie plot this year but they don't seem to do any harm.

Just wish I had a Greenhouse again
                    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X