naga chillies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Holty,

The first set of pods will usually be small. You can always pick them off early (a waste I know) to give the plant a chance to put some bigger pods out.

They are very slow growers so starting early is a must. Try to end up in a 10 litre (12") pot to get the most out of the plant.

Good luck, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Toleman View Post
      Hi Holty,

The first set of pods will usually be small. You can always pick them off early (a waste I know) to give the plant a chance to put some bigger pods out.

They are very slow growers so starting early is a must. Try to end up in a 10 litre (12") pot to get the most out of the plant.

Good luck, Chris
      I've never found first fruits to be small. But I do pick as soon as I can to keep the plant producing. If it thinks it has set seed, it stops.
      Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
      >
      >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Your last quote is correct that you shouldn't leave pods that are ripe on as the plan't believes its done its job.

Im just saying some varieties (mainly Chinense) like your habanero's and naga's especially when allowed to open flowers when plants are small, will put out pea sized pods. They can still pack a punch though. If your plant does put out pods which stop growing - you can remove them early so the plant doesn't waste energy trying to ripen them and gets on with bigger fruit.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Toleman View Post
          Your last quote is correct that you shouldn't leave pods that are ripe on as the plan't believes its done its job.

Im just saying some varieties (mainly Chinense) like your habanero's and naga's especially when allowed to open flowers when plants are small, will put out pea sized pods. They can still pack a punch though. If your plant does put out pods which stop growing - you can remove them early so the plant doesn't waste energy trying to ripen them and gets on with bigger fruit.

Chris
          Oh good. I did this with my white habaneros (one of which is un-deniably YELLOW) not having had to remove little pods before, so while it didn't seem wrong, I just wasn't sure.

With my jalapeno bonsai tree, I snip off the red fruits, then re-hang them on the branches with thread. Nice and chrismasy!
          The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

My naga Morich did well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X