• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks LinnetLegs. Just ordered mine!

Comment

• Originally posted by glaw5 View Post
      Thanks LinnetLegs. Just ordered mine!
      Good luck with them
      A good way to deter predators is to taste awful.

Comment

• I am growing tomatoes from own seed. How to I decide if they are cordon or bush

Comment

• My toms are 3" tall (except the Golden Gem in unheated prop, which are pushing 5"). A few have suffered withered leaves from being left on a windowsill overnight, but they are recovering, with new leaves coming (Sungold)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
            I am growing tomatoes from own seed. How to I decide if they are cordon or bush
            Bren. if they are from your own grown seed then what was the mummy plant? If that was cordon (which most non cherry types are) then these will be cordon. If you know what variety they are then you can just look them up. If the mummy plant was tall and grew up a cane then so will these, so cordon again.
            Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
            >
            >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

• The one I am not sure about is the seed from a supermarket tom. It is a mini plum. Last year I tried to grow a named type mini plum in the ghouse it grew like Jacks beanstalk but no flower or fruit.

Comment

• Potted on a few toms, Marmande, Alicante, Garden pearl, San Marzano and Maskatoka. They were about 2" tall but have been potted well down and are now only about 3/4" tall.

Ian

Comment

• A couple of days ago I sowed some more Green Zebra. The first was part of the early sowing experiment - on Jan 3rd. and is about 3" high and very strong and sturdy looking. I wonder if the new ones will catch up? (They aren't even through yet - no pressure then!)
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Think I should be re-named the Grimm Reaper

Having probs with my tom plants....My Tumbling toms seemed to have stopped growing since re planting them into 3" pots, they have their first true leaves and are about 1" high but they seem to have stopped there. Also my bog standard toms (Can't remember their name) seemed to have slowed down too, they are about 2-3" high with lots of true leaves on them but have slowed down too.

What have I done wrong

E x

Comment

• In February I planted Black Cherry and Mini Plum. They have been transplanted from the propagator but now look as if they need another new bed. Can I now move them to the warmish ghouse in final home?

Attached Files

Comment

• @Elaine. Probably nothing wrong. They take a while to settle after re-potting. Just keep them watered (but not over watered), warm and in the light.

@Bren. How warm is warmish? My cold greenhouse hit 30c today whilst I was out, but the min/max says it was min 3c last night. That ain't good enough. You want a max of about 25 and a min of 10, preferably 12, for babbies.

>

Comment

• @Bren. How warm is warmish? My cold greenhouse hit 30c today whilst I was out, but the min/max says it was min 3c last night. That ain't good enough. You want a max of about 25 and a min of 10, preferably 12, for babbies.

I bought a min/max thermometer on Saturday only to find it is broken. I can only say that when I visit the ghouse early morning the temp is usually 15c. I do have a regulated small heater in there that seems to be keeping it at or around that temp. Think I will go for it. It's not too late to start again is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
                            @Elaine. Probably nothing wrong. They take a while to settle after re-potting. Just keep them watered (but not over watered), warm and in the light.
                            Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post

@Bren. How warm is warmish? My cold greenhouse hit 30c today whilst I was out, but the min/max says it was min 3c last night. That ain't good enough. You want a max of about 25 and a min of 10, preferably 12, for babbies.
                            Thanks sarraceniac

I think they may have been a bit too cold where they were too!! So I have moved them thanks for the help

x

Comment

• Bren, if you have a little heater in there I would risk it with a trial batch. No it is definitely not to late to restart but I'd hedge my bets by just putting some under glass for a few days. Check them every morning and if they start to flag then get them in warmer conditions again.

>

Comment

• Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
                                Bren, if you have a little heater in there I would risk it with a trial batch. No it is definitely not to late to restart but I'd hedge my bets by just putting some under glass for a few days. Check them every morning and if they start to flag then get them in warmer conditions again.
                                Okey dokey.. I am using some fairy lights as under heaters so will give it a try.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X