• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, I hope your kitchen is ok.

Maybe they will be ok once they have dried out a bit
    Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

I have a few tomatoes through. My problem now is how do I keep them warm yet still give them enough light so they don't go leggy. I also have one aubergine and a couple of peppers through.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
        I also have one aubergine and a couple of peppers through.
        My aubergines and peppers still show no sign of surfacing. When did you sow them?

Comment

First signs of life noticed yesterday from the Roma seeds I planted on the 2nd, which would be 10 days.

Does everyone else still get a thrill when something grows for them or does that disappear with time?

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I get a thrill when something grows for me.. I mean plants of course.

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
              First signs of life noticed yesterday from the Roma seeds I planted on the 2nd, which would be 10 days.

Does everyone else still get a thrill when something grows for them or does that disappear with time?
              I have to admit to the same!

My Roma VF freebies have started to come up and they were sown on 7th Jan.

Also got some Moneymakers, Black Beauty Aubs, Orange Habs & Rokita Chillies coming through.

Still waiting for my Dorset Naga's and Tepin to put in an appearance but I had a bit of a peek in the riot cubes they're sat in and I'm sure I can see them starting to push up!

All sown on 7th Jan.
              Last edited by nerdgas; 13-01-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
                I have a few tomatoes through. My problem now is how do I keep them warm yet still give them enough light so they don't go leggy. I also have one aubergine and a couple of peppers through.

Ian
                Thses were sown on New Years Day and potted up on the 11th, they were a bit leggy, but potted deep, they seem to be doing fine so far.

Take care all.
                braders...
                Attached Files

Comment

hi all, this is my 2nd year - last year had a few successes and decided to try some early (well I'm just impatient and didn't get a good crop off 2 plants until Sept last year having sown in March); got a tiny bit carried away with the different types tho

Tomato Gardener's Delight
                  Tomato Tigerella
                  Black Cherry
                  Golden Cherry
                  Zaukertrauber - mixed
                  berner rose - mixed
                  brandy wine - mixed
                  cherry fox - mixed
                  golden queen - mixed
                  roma - mixed
                  snow white

I sowed 3 seeds of each and the mixed were a teaser pack so not sure which seed is which Sowed on the 5th Jan and so far, 2 tigeralla's, 1 of the teasers and a black cherry have emerged
                  Last edited by ninjajane; 15-01-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I'm going to sow my chilli seed this Monday 18th and then my tom seed 2 weeks later (feb), but I will be sowing my beef tom seeds with my chilli seed to get a good start on them as they take longer to fruit.

Dave...

Comment

Ever so happy, lots of lovely new tomato seedlings taking up space on my windowsills Hello 2010 tom growing season
                      Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

the majority of mine have peeped their seedling heads up.... last year it took 4 to 6 weeks at least.... gonna run out of windowsill space

Comment

This is really embarrassing. Sorting out my peppers and tomatoes to sow, I found a homemade packet of brioso tomato seeds. Because of the packet I think this must have been a gift from another grape, but I can't remember who, and I have no idea what kind of tomato this is. I would be grateful if the kind grape would let me know what I am about to sow while I grovel and eat dirt.

Comment

It's one I haven't heard of annacruachan, but don't eat the dirt - you've got to sow the seeds in something!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

lol Flum! Could I have saved seeds from a supermarket tomato perhaps? It's a bit of a mystery.

Comment

i have potted on my 3 seedlings today. they were planted on the 2nd of Jan. they are nice and deep now, having got a bit leggy, and should hopefully be happy in these pots til they can go out into the ground.
                                Finding Home

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X