No announcement yet.

Early Tomato Thread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at my toms this morning and am really pleased with them. May well pot them on in the next week but don't want to do it before it needs to be done due to space. I still have plenty of space but know how quickly it can be used up once you start potting on.

Ian

Comment

• thought i would share a pic of my Amish Paste seedlings that were sown on about the 2nd of Jan.
      just noticed....these are the seeds taken from the toms in my avatar!.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kiwirach; 07-03-2010, 08:51 AM.
      Finding Home

Comment

• They sowed some blight resistant toms on Gardeners' World on Friday. I can't remember their name! Can anyone help?

They were Polish and began with a 'k'.

Ta!

Comment

• Windowsills are heaving!
          At what point do you think it would be safe to start moving tom's into a cold frame?
          'Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? ' Douglas Adams

http://weirdimals.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbojetset View Post
            Windowsills are heaving!
            At what point do you think it would be safe to start moving tom's into a cold frame?
            Seriously? May.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Waaah?
              I planted out at the start of May last year, all that smog in London keeps us a couple of degrees warmer than the rest of the south east!
              Ok guess a better question would probably be how many weeks earlier do you reckon a cold frame gives you?
              x
              'Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? ' Douglas Adams

http://weirdimals.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Germinated 12x Sungold and 6x Ailsa Craig indoors into Jiffy 7's about mid-February. They've already been potted up once but will need it again in the next few weeks or so.

Interestingly the Sungold's seem to be storming ahead and have already reached about 8-9'' with 4-5 pairs of true leaves all looking very uniform, whereas the Ailsa Craigs have been lagging behind and are at various stages of development.

I suppose this is just an example of 'F1 hybrid vigour', but I hope the Ailsa's catch up in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cosmo and Dibs View Post
                  They sowed some blight resistant toms on Gardeners' World on Friday. I can't remember their name! Can anyone help?

They were Polish and began with a 'k'.

Ta!
                  Think I've just spotted the tom seeds you couldn't remember the name of...

Koralik

seeds can be found here and say they are blight resistant (site found courtesy of Bigmally)

Tomato Cherry Late Blight Resistant (Lycopersicon esculentum) - Koralik

Comment

• Originally posted by bevanbawb View Post
                    Think I've just spotted the tom seeds you couldn't remember the name of...

Koralik

seeds can be found here and say they are blight resistant (site found courtesy of Bigmally)

Tomato Cherry Late Blight Resistant (Lycopersicon esculentum) - Koralik
                    Yes they are Koralik - I saw them on gardeners world and have bought some seeds
                    A good way to deter predators is to taste awful.

Comment

• One of my unhybrids has thrown up a tricot. I know they are quite common but I shall follow its progress with interest!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Just planted my 'outdoors'. My Marmande went in, as always, on the first of March but I was asked by a local 'tyke' if I would like some outdoor tomato seeds. Never look a gift horse 'cos you don't know what you might get. He turned up with a couple of envelopes (he knows I know his parents so they would be legit.). 'What variety are they?' I asked. 'These are red and these are yellow' was the reply. So I've put a couple of each into peat pots just to see. Stand by for I.D.ing in late August.
                        Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                        >
                        >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

• Where did you buy the Koralik from LinnetLegs? Was it through that link?

Comment

• Originally posted by glaw5 View Post
                            Where did you buy the Koralik from LinnetLegs? Was it through that link?

Got them from ebay

CHERRY TOMATO ?Koralik? on eBay (end time 11-Apr-10 13:06:16 BST)

I must say, for the price, they are very professionally packaged in a sealed foil package and there must be nearly 200 seeds in the pack even though it says 30 seeds in the ad.
                            Last edited by LinnetLegs; 12-03-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• By the way, my older brother who has had his allotment for about 20 years laughed at me today for planting my tomatoes so early.

I may have the last laugh - I have about 12 varieties through - about 60 plants. But where will I grow them on? Need a bigger house with more south facing windows :/

Comment

• I noticed a small flower bud on my beef tomatoes!!! 2 months old they are.
                                http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X