Windowsill Experiment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windowsill Experiment

I have today planted half a seed tray of pak choi and half of spinach on my very sunny kitchen windowsill to see if I can grow them indoors.

Will let everyone know how it goes

Kim

Good luck with the pak choi, I've tried growing them individually in 4" pots but something has usually eaten them before they have got close to hearting up.

Will be interested to know if you can get any size of spinach leaf from a tray. I do lots of mixed salad leaves in trays and some packs are much better suited than others for shallow growing.

Comment

Good luck Kimbo. I'm sure you will have some kind of success. I grow leaves on the windowsill all winter. Don't get a big crop, but a little bit of this and a little bit of that. And I benefit (in my head at least) from having something of my own to eat.
      Am planing to try the Pak Choi in containers so putting that off for a while yet.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

windowsill

i planting marvel of the season lettuce and parsley in a cheap propagator on my windowsill today
        when you have nothing else to do,do something!

Comment

Hope they do well for you Blookingbethan. Mine are coming along nicely.

Comment

Windowsill Experiment Update

Here are my pak choi todate, they are doing really well and I should be eating some within the next couple of weeks.

The spinach seems to be doing not quite as well but there is still quite a bit of growth and I should be able to pick some in about a month. I may try a different type of container with the next lot of spinach.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0004b.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	2318571

Comment

Well done, Kimbo. I just planted my Pak Choi last weekend but it's germinated and looking well. I'm debating where to grow it - raised bed or container. Can't make up my mind.

Comment

Never managed to grow Pak Choi, have got it to germinate no problems and the the slugs have thrown a party and invited all their mates round for a snack.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Never managed to grow Pak Choi, have got it to germinate no problems and the the slugs have thrown a party and invited all their mates round for a snack.
                  I would definitely suggest either growing it in a greenhouse or on a sunny windowsill

Comment

Originally posted by Kimbo View Post
                    I would definitely suggest either growing it in a greenhouse or on a sunny windowsill
                    Think I need to persuade OH to move house to one with more window ledges!!!!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X