Sunday 14th Feb

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to Seed Swap this afternoon
    Just weeded round cabbages, and noticed slug patterns!! Checked roof as I noticed abit of slate on ground yesterday. Erm...having some bream with stir fry for dinner....thats about it really

Comment

Phew -

weeded the first onion bed and put a new cloche up [made from a wilko dust sheet bought yesterday]
      planted out a load of chives in modules round the rasps
      planted out broadies and some shallots
      tidied up the area that had the manure on until last week
      made a cane store for the longest canes, over the shed door

back home and having potato slices, scrambled egg with cheese and onion and baked beans.......

Comment

just got in had a couple of hours on the plot before the girls got bored, managed to clear two beds and cover with plastic

Comment

Beautiful morning here just a cool wind emptied no 4 compost bin 16 barrow loads tipped on the ground where the sprouts are going this year.
          Only 2 bins to go now then they will be ready for the man with the grass mowings to fill up again....jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Popping back to confirm some tidying done in greenhouse - soil and gravel that they hens have raked about seived, gravel in the bottoms of some 10l flower buckets and 5 Colleen early spuds planted. These will stay in the greenhouse for now. Off back out to do more sweeping and seiving and sow some carrots. Think it is going to rain soon so it will be time to snuggle on the sofa with Madmax (if he wants to dodge the knitting needles)
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

We spent 3 hours putting in 2 gate posts! Digging out a bush, sawing posts, concrete setting. At least we spent some quality time together on St Valentine's Day
              Elsie

Comment

My OH did the vacuuming while I pottered in the greenhouse, sowing seeds and mixing some soil and compost. Don't get (or give anymore!!) valentine's cards, but then I'd rather have the vaccing done as a show of love.

Comment

I'm grovelling...

I keep saying 'don't bother' - as it's #2 son's birthday, I have other stuff on my mind (like birthday cakes, and sleepovers), but I still had a lovely box of Thornton's special toffee... So I've had to offer to iron shirts I hate ironing, and never do it. Perhaps next year I'll buy something instead!

Off to make cakes now.

Comment

I'm stuck in my chair...no gardening for weeks!

Jules
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

If the rain had held off a little longer I would have got some digging in, but other than being here the sum total of my gardening work today has been dumping some compostibles into the bucket outside the kitchen door ready to transfer to the heap.

Had a dose of heavy rain after lunch which has now eased to a steady light fall.
                      Today's mistake is tomorrow's compost...

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                        I was thinking of going to Wilkies for toilet rolls and potatoes and some 2" pots if they have them. Ooohh, and disinfectant.
                        Exciting life eh?
                        got the potatoes ~ Pentland Javelin - 1st earlies & Desiree - Maincrop
                        No 2"pots so got 3" ones, and gravel trays which will fit my 1/2 size seed trays. Darn ~ I forgot the disinfectant.

Originally posted by Bramble_killer View Post
                        weather looking yuk and i've been told no gardening, we're off to watch avatar in 3d. (not romantic as have OH 2 son's)
                        My youngest and her boyfriend have gone to see Valentines Day ~ he originally suggested Avatar, but she put him straight (Go girl!)

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                        I'm stuck in my chair...no gardening for weeks!

Jules
                        Oh no, just when things are firing up for the new season

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Yeah, Multiquotes sussed. Thanks to Zans advice. I had completely missed the Post a Reply button and always gone straight to Quick reply box.
                          Thanks Zan.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                            Yeah, Multiquotes sussed. Thanks to Zans advice. I had completely missed the Post a Reply button and always gone straight to Quick reply box.
                            Thanks Zan.
                            Anytime chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                              How odd our Island weather is! I am down the road from you in Benson and no snow - although wet, grey and not great.
                              Originally posted by Aileen35 View Post
                              Stuck indoors as its snowing - big style. So sowing swede, leeks and a few flowers, still waiting on parsnips to show some form of life
                              No snow here in Didcot 5 Degrees

More digging at lottie, pulled up all brassicas, sowed spinach, green sausage toms (thankyou chris). Nagging daughter to clean guinnies out every hour, potted up costoluto toms, sowed perpetual spinach ( for us, guinnies and tortoises) cleaned pond out and re-covered little greenhouse.... off to cook the roast in a mo.
                              You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Bl@#dy painting the new ceiling in the kitchen, and putting up new blinds. GOD i hate that. Give me digging any day. Pleeeeeeeezzzzzzeee
                                "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X