No announcement yet.

Sunday 14th Feb

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the options I was tempted to tick 'other' but am really just content to potter.

Comment

Given a box of thorntons choccies!!! But my avourite coconut one on the label is not in the box! Do you think if I complain they will give me a new box?!
      10-12 out in garden, emptied poly tunnel and disinfected it, my lotty buddy came round and made staging for the poly out of old pallets and wood we got from freecyle. Cleaned out leaves etc. He then went for a valentines meal while I cooked toad in hole! He came back 2.30 -4.30, and we did more pottering.OH tried to fix garage door and took boys climbing.
      cant seem to shift the smell of jayes fluid! Not exactly perfume of love!!!

Spent the afternoon listening to radio 6, hughie followed by jarvis, fab
      http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Wasn't Jarvis fab tonight!!! I just had to say. Totally mesmerising.

Comment

My 'Other' was I treated the OH to a trip to Wilko's.....

I got some gardening bargins and she bought loads of cheap cards, wrapping paper and other stuff for our little boy so it all worked out rather well!

Comment

Had visitors this morning, RedThorn and family delivering the Cockerel, who we've decided (because of the date) to call Valentino!

Then bimbled around, did a bit of laundry (yawn) then sat and watched the Rugger!

Nice lazy day spent together for a change!
            Last edited by Glutton4...; 14-02-2010, 05:50 PM.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I put in "other"...

I spent today getting my "car" ready for this year's Scumrun (charity car event across Europe). Which was a pleasant way to spend a wet-ish Sunday...

Comment

Originally posted by esrikandan View Post
                I put in "other"...

I spent today getting my "car" ready for this year's Scumrun (charity car event across Europe). Which was a pleasant way to spend a wet-ish Sunday...
                tell us more please - sounds like fun
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Beautiful day here today, really warm. My seedlings (that have completely taken over the kitchen window sil now - no idea what my mrs thinks ) def had a growth spurt today - amazing! I feel like a father again!!

Not a hint of valentines stuff either - so an even better day :P

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    Wasn't Jarvis fab tonight!!! I just had to say. Totally mesmerising.
                    I only caught the tail end of it - switched off when the Freak Zone started. I had it on whilst prepping the ingredients for tomorrows slow cooker chilli. Bean sits just in front of the radio and he had a little boogie now and then.

Today I had a lovely cooked breakfast and shared a little bit (a small bite - without the fat) of black pudding with Bean.

Then fixed cupboard locks onto the kitchen cupboards - LadyWayne did some housework, I helped when I'd finished my man job.

We then drove round to the garden centre just up the road and I bought some seed potatoes, carrot and parsnip seeds - along with some sweet peas. LadyWayne treated Bean to his first pair of wellies and wants to treat me to a new pair - the ones I have are hideously uncomfortable.

We've put Bean to bed, had a couple of glasses of Prosecco and had one of the Sainsbury's meal for a tenner jobs. Just sat chilling now and having a glass of wine.

LadyWayne and I had bought almost identical cards for each other today - we must be well matched!

Edit: Forgot to mention that whilst out Bean fell asleep in the car on the way home and LadyWayne asked if I wanted to pop to the plot to "have a look" around - I replied that I'd want to do more and at the time was hardly dressed for the occasion, so we headed home. It was cold and miserable out.
                    Last edited by HeyWayne; 14-02-2010, 07:44 PM.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                      tell us more please - sounds like fun
                      Scumrun....£500 on a car for a mad dash across Europe. You don't know where you're going until the morning of each day.

It is fun - this will be my fourth time. Going in a Daihatsu (sp) Hijet van this year. Ran a Calibra last year but she was a sickie and I ended up struggling to get to the end.

So today we started converting the Hijet in to "The Mystery Machine"...

Comment

Too busy to log on yesterday so can't vote, spent most of it up the plot with OH putting the new polytunnel frame together. Looks great although can't wait for it to be finished!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X