No announcement yet.

Tomato - not developing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure you are growing a tomato plant and not a chilli?

I've been looking at Seeds of Italy and cannot find a tomato ciliegia but there is a Ciliegia Piccante which is a round, cherry chilli.

Google only give a couple of references to Ciliegia tomaotes but lots of references to Ciliegia chillis; perhaps a mix-up has happened and the plants are chillis but with tomato-like leaves?

Time will tell... but don't eat them raw if they are round, cherry chillis !!!

Just a thought!!!
    The proof of the growing is in the eating.
    Leave Rotten Fruit.
    Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potasium - potash.
    Autant de têtes, autant d'avis!!!!!
    Il n'est si méchant pot qui ne trouve son couvercle.

Comment

Originally posted by teakdesk View Post
      Are you sure you are growing a tomato plant and not a chilli?

I've been looking at Seeds of Italy and cannot find a tomato ciliegia but there is a Ciliegia Piccante which is a round, cherry chilli.
      Nope - deffo tomatoes.

I did lie about it being Seeds of Italy though - t'was Sutton's Italian Kitchen range (they now just sell as a collection, I bought them a year or so ago
      http://suttons.hostserver1.co.uk/SUT...Collection.pdf)

They are now perfect little tomato plants, but with the emphasis on 'little.'
      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I have a link on my blog to a site with links to 12,000 different tomato varieties and I managed to find Ciliega!

It looks very similar to one I grew last year, which is a French variety that Mrs TK had some old seeds of hanging about called Sanzana.

I was going to pull them up at the start, as I thought they were growing blind. They turned out to be a very 'stumpy' bush variety with plum shaped tomatoes.

Ciliega
        Mr TK's blog:
        http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
        2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X