Rocket problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lovage View Post
    I've never been able to grow rocket in spring because of flea beetle, it gets so badly hit that it doesn't grow away.
    As a result I started sowing at end of summer - it doesn't get flea beetle damage then.
    I get a good crop into the autumn then some right through winter. Even this winter it was hit by the snow but recovered by March to give many more pickings.
    I leave some to flower now, the bees love it then it self seeds and I get plenty of free seedlings at the end of summer. Haven't bought any seed for about 6 years,
    I also treat land cress and lambs lettuce the same way with equally good results
    Thanks very much for this post, Lovage. I've had flea beetle problems and this sounds like an excellent regime.
    Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Lovage, thanks! It was so badly damaged that, frankly, you wouldn't put it near your mouth, even chopped up!
      I've got some I'm going to keep in the greenhouse, then will try your method.
      Last edited by Patchninja; 02-05-2010, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I like the idea and it solves the flea beetle problem.

But surely most of us eat the most salads in the spring and summer, that's when you need it most?
        "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

We eat salad all year round. A french habit - after the main course.

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
            We eat salad all year round. A french habit - after the main course.
            We do as well, most winters I manage to pick a carrier bag full of rocket every week ( less this year ) It's so dark green and flavoursome so much better than the insipid supermarket lettuce

Comment

Well, I'm an eternal optimist so I'm going to try like you suggested so hopefully, I'll get a lovely crop later on. I love the stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X