What Is This Thats Growing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjh75 View Post
    The "florets" on mine were so tiny that I didn't think it was ready, then the next minute the flowers opened.
    Exactly the same thing happened to mine, I didn't get to eat any.
    But I think they were light green.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

ive added a another picture of the plant hope this helps
      Attached Files

Comment

Walking Stick Kale?

Comment

Originally posted by mattyod View Post
          ive added a another picture of the plant hope this helps
          Not really, now it just looks like any bolted brassica.

I'm not sure why you want to know now anyway. Try eating the purple sprouts, although they have probably gone too tough now, otherwise pull it up.
          Don't you know what you planted in there?

If you want a better identification, do a decent photo from the side, showing the size of the plant.
          "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

i planted a load of different seeds and i wrote down what i planted, i've just lost the list of what i planted, i have a feeling it's a calabrese, italien sprouting varitey, and the Purple Sprouting Broccoli im waiting for a few of them to seed, and the rest will be eaten. i've took another picture but it wont upload properly.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyod View Post
              the Purple Sprouting Broccoli im waiting for a few of them to seed
              Why for?
              I wouldn't bother trying to save your own brassica seed, because it will likely have crossed with all kinds of things: oilseed rape, wild radish, charlock etc.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

hey two sheds
                i never really thought about the cross pollination to much. would it affect the seed as in, the plant not being true? or would it the effects be abit more, what you think of crossing then?
                is is just brassica's that are prone to it or sure i just treat everything the same.

do you save seed and how do you prevent this,

Comment

Have a read of this Matty: how to save seed
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

cheers two sheds thats a great page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X