Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Does he do it regular then?

In this case, the netting spoils the look of the garden.........I couldn't look at that all the time! looks like something out of Brides of Dracula!
    I would deffo look at an alternative!
    Thankfully he doesn't!!

Yeh it does spoil the look and it bugs me having to do it but it's better than digging up cat poo everyday! As soon as things start growing in there then the cats usually give up but I can't wait that long to be rid of them!

Comment

Is the back netted? I can't tell from the photo and cats can get through those balustrades...

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
        Is the back netted? I can't tell from the photo and cats can get through those balustrades...
        Yep the back is netted with garden netting as I plant peas and beans along the back and they grow up the railings using the netting as extra guidance!

Comment

Have you seen the crop protection hoops sold by Harrods? in the following link you see it used with heavy duty netting, and it doesnt look too bad at all - maybe it would fit your raised bed?:

Please enable your cookies

They do various types of netting:

I'm currently considering their raised beds which is how I came across the above.. I havent any experience of Harrods or their products, but they look good.
          Last edited by cazp; 18-05-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

We had a terrible problem with cats using our garden as a public lavatory. The scardy cat plant is really effective, we didn't see a cat all last summer but be warned, the plant is really really tender, the first sign of frost the plant dies back and the cats are back. Another word of warning, scardy cat really smells of errm, cannabis so be warned if you get stopped by the police on the way home from the garden centre.
            We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
            Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

Originally posted by cazp View Post
              Have you seen the crop protection hoops sold by Harrods? in the following link you see it used with heavy duty netting, and it doesnt look too bad at all - maybe it would fit your raised bed?:

They do various types of netting:

I'm currently considering their raised beds which is how I came across the above.. I havent any experience of Harrods or their products, but they look good.
              Thank you for the link, they look really good and reasonably priced as well. They have some lovely stuff on that website! The netting isn't a problem as I can get that from work (i work for a firm that makes fabric).

Originally posted by Lavenderblue View Post
              We had a terrible problem with cats using our garden as a public lavatory. The scardy cat plant is really effective, we didn't see a cat all last summer but be warned, the plant is really really tender, the first sign of frost the plant dies back and the cats are back. Another word of warning, scardy cat really smells of errm, cannabis so be warned if you get stopped by the police on the way home from the garden centre.
              Is it sold by that name or is it sold by a proper plant name? Also would it need to be planted in the centre of the plot or could I put it down the far end by the fence in the shady section?

Comment

I would tell you what to do about the little sods.
                But I would probably get banned from the forum.

No doubt a compliant from one of those people who make a personal lifestyle choice and think all the rest of us should put up with it.

Cat owners, dog owners , smokers, and MP3 owners would be a few that spring to mind.

That's it no more comment on this post from me !!!!!!

Jimmy
                Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

I use a nappy sack to pick up any poo and then dispose of it. It's not going to do your soil or veg any harm. I grew up on a farm. I drank milk straight from the cow, ate raw eggs just after thy had been laid. The drinking trough for the animals had a loo type ballcock arrangement and we would simply cup our hands that had just been handling pigs under it for a drink of water. I ate my sandwiches without washing my hands and 60 years later I'm still here. According to a certain TV ad we should all carry a canister of a certain spray around with us and spray everything that we are going to touch before we do and then afterwards. Health and safety is important but we can get a bit over concerned.
                  History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

I feel much better about the whole thing now and have had two cat free days so thanks to all who advised and reassured!

Am starting to see my pea plants popping through the soil today which made me very happy!

Comment

Originally posted by oldie View Post
                      I use a nappy sack to pick up any poo and then dispose of it. It's not going to do your soil or veg any harm. I grew up on a farm. I drank milk straight from the cow, ate raw eggs just after thy had been laid. The drinking trough for the animals had a loo type ballcock arrangement and we would simply cup our hands that had just been handling pigs under it for a drink of water. I ate my sandwiches without washing my hands and 60 years later I'm still here. According to a certain TV ad we should all carry a canister of a certain spray around with us and spray everything that we are going to touch before we do and then afterwards. Health and safety is important but we can get a bit over concerned.
                      Hear, Hear!!

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X