• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are the wolf products any good. they dont seem man enough to me
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

I've used Wolf tools a fair bit and I love them. Not just because I am forever taking my tools from one place to another on the bus, but also because they are really well designed and a pleasure to use.
      One of mine is what I believe was once called a Swiss cultivator - several circles of rotating interlocked tines, that make a wonderful tilth for sowing seeds into.
      But if I was to only spend money on one tool - it would be on an azada !
      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Just one tool?

For me it would be a fork (stainless steel S&J, on offer at Wilko every now & again) because it is so versatile - you can use it to do the heavy stuff as well as tat about loosening soil for weeding.

Granted, it would not be as nimble as a hoe/swoe/azada, but it can make a stab at weeding too, whereas the aforementioned are only good for weeding.

Comment

Some wood for raised beds.

I always did my veg plot as a flat bed.
          Over the years there were more and more programs on TV about raised beds.
          But I ignored them for years as "Poncey affairs" not for real gardeners.
          But a few years ago I tried some, best thing since sliced bread. Wish I had used them from the start.
          I should note that raised beds has two inferences, there are beds 1,2 or 3 feet high often used for people with restricted access. And those that are just a border to define the plot and raise the soil level a few inches above the paths.
          I am talking about the latter.
          Regards
          Jimmy
          Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

I'm another Wolf fan. One handle and lots of tools - so much more practical to move around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
              Some wood for raised beds.

I always did my veg plot as a flat bed.
              Over the years there were more and more programs on TV about raised beds.
              But I ignored them for years as "Poncey affairs" not for real gardeners.
              But a few years ago I tried some, best thing since sliced bread. Wish I had used them from the start.
              I should note that raised beds has two inferences, there are beds 1,2 or 3 feet high often used for people with restricted access. And those that are just a border to define the plot and raise the soil level a few inches above the paths.
              I sort of, did the same. I've been moving towards beds that don't have any sides, after the move towards raised beds.
              Beds with paving slab paths, but no walls, are turning out to be my favourite.
              I like raised beds, but I like the point of separate beds, more than the raised part of them.
              "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X