No announcement yet.

Pink Fir Apple record?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFA suit my particular soil and a couple of years ago I had a tremendous crop. I would have had a better crop if I'd staked the plants as no-one told me the foliage grew 5 foot high!
    I wouldn't have thought they would have been anwhere near ready or big enough yet as they ARE a very late maincrop spud!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just thinking, are they definitely PFA not Anya as they're second earlies and the son / daughter of PFA so would be ready much earlier but still look kind of similar?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        no-one told me the foliage grew 5 foot high!
        mine doesn't get more than a foot tall (nothing does, it's such a windy site)

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Just thinking, are they definitely PFA not Anya ...?
        That's what I was thinking. Still they are very early and such an incredible yield ...
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Pfa

Hi everyone, I can only assume that the packet of seed potatoes labeled PFA were in fact PFA. I have just looked in the tunnel and the next row of spuds to be ready are ANYA. They were supplied by different companies. I will post photos soon. Pete

Comment

PFA record pt2 F.A.O. 2 sheds

Photogaphic evidence supplied.
            Attached Files

Comment

wow thats excellent well done i have never had much luck with pfaand they are really tasty

Comment

Well done,bet they taste great.
                I never planted any PFA this year(intentionally)but a few volunteers have sprouted so far...

Comment

Lovely!
                  You should rightly be pleased with that lot, and aren't they delicious?

btw, if you'd left them longer, you'd have got tubers about 5 inches long (they're a late maincrop salad potato)
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X