Dunblane Tattie Spectacular.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunblane Tattie Spectacular.

For those thinking of attending- and begging the indulgence of fellow grapes from further afield- here are some details of the delights in store:
    Extensive range of cultivars supplied, mainly, by Alan Romans who will be there (Bring your book and get it signed! Or buy one on the day.). In addition, it is hoped to have these specials: Myan Gold, the two Sarpo cultivars, Smile, Harlequin, Annabelle, three of the Ulsters. There will also be onion sets, garlic and shallots. A particularly good buy will be Root Trainers at, I believe, £3 for 8 books. The new mini packs will also be on sale.
    A new one on me is the Potato Bag from Humax. My understanding is that these are potato growbags the organic content of which is based on a formula by Medwyn Williams. All this AND leek-and-tattie soup from the local WRI. Not- I think you'll agree- to be missed (Alice, n.b.).
    That's Saturday 3rd. March in the Cathedral Hall (next the Cathedral) from 10a.m. till 4 p.m.

This info. kindly provided by Rona Peet, secretary of Dunblane Garden Association whose funds stand to benefit from the day.

See you there,

Berr.
    Last edited by Berr; 17-02-2007, 08:09 PM.

Thanks for the information, Berr. I'll certainly do my best to be there. I hope as many grapes as possible can be there as it would be just lovely to have a meet up.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Alice, wish i could be there. Sometimes i feel quite isolated here as i am the only doing veg gardening. Miss having someone to compare with and chat about what grows and what does'nt.
      Thats why this forum is so important to me, and of course, the people on it!

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

We wish you could be there too Bramble. I know what you mean about being in gardening isolation. I have no gardening friends or neighbours. They just seem to see their gardens as privacy zones around their houses - cut the grass and plant a few flowers - or get someone in to do it. No interest in gardening of any kind. So it is lovely to have our cyber friends on the Vine and compare notes and it does look as if some of us are going to get to meet each other. Maybe there will be some other event on that you could make a mini holiday of and come.

Comment

Thanks for that Alice, its something to aim for. Perhaps when one of us people on the Grape forum is being presented with the winning trophy for "The Big Jim challenge.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Berr
            Thanks for this and the PM. I'll be there, and hope to meet up with you and some of our other fellow grapes.
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Alice, be sure to bring your camara so you can post a pic of what everyone looks like. it would be nice to put names to faces.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Are you all going to wear a carnation and carry a copy of the Financial Times so that you recognise each other!

Comment

Something like that Hazel - but details to be decided. Carry a copy of the GYO mag, or a bunch of grapes ! but I'm sure we'll work it out.
                  Bramble, if you want to put a face to the name, it's on my members profile or here's my cartoon avatar (did you miss that thread. didn't see you there)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Alice.gif
Views:	7
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	2318406

Comment

Hi, I am hoping to come along to this for a little look. Never been to anything like it before so a first for me.

Hopefully I will then have some faces to go with the names on here.

Cheers
                    Alan

Comment

Hope to meet you there Allyspark. The more the merrier. I've never been to a tattie extravaganza either, but Dunblane is a nice place , I would like to get one or two potatoes to try the variety without having to buy £10 worth, it's a good opportunity to meet other grapes, and all in all, I'm sure it will be a good day out.

Comment

I haven't been to a tattie extravaganza before either, and I've already got all the seed tatties I'm needing (hope 75kg is enough), but knowing me I'll come home with some unusual ones to try in buckets at home.
                        See you all there
                        Rat

British by birth
                        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                          I haven't been to a tattie extravaganza before either, and I've already got all the seed tatties I'm needing (hope 75kg is enough),
                          SR lives on a potato farm!

Comment

Hello Hazel, SR has taken a big jump and bought ground on which to grow vegetables and make a living. Some of it is potatoes, but other things as well. So not a tattie farm, more of a market garden. He has our very best wishes for the project.

Comment

Oops! My fault for being a latecomer, Alice! All the very best in the project SR, may all your veg be big and tasty!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X